LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Whats a good bodyboard?

Im 6'5 185lbs... I just want something to play around on. I surf so this would be something that I would use just to have some fun with....and maybe try it out on some good days!! What would be a good entry level board that wouldnt break the bank?? Thanks

Images
    BZ makes good value boards for messing around on. I'd get something long though since you're so tall. Should run you like $150 I would guess.

Images
    BZ does have good boards, if you do go with BZ i suggest the Big Bruddah

length?

What do you guys consider a longer board for a tall guy...I see some lengths from 40" to 44"....is anything over 43" considered a longer board?? sorry I know nothing about sponging

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slopman View Post
    What do you guys consider a longer board for a tall guy...I see some lengths from 40" to 44"....is anything over 43" considered a longer board?? sorry I know nothing about sponging
    You should be riding 45"-47" for your size.

i use my bodyboard so little that i just got one of the Legendary ones that all the shoobies use but its fine for the couple days i use it a year..when its flat i prefer skateing than sponging. I have a 44" and im 5'5" and 125 pounds

6'5 185?? Wow you need to start eatin!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by slopman View Post
    Typically, the 'longer boards' are used for Drop knee, but given your height and weight, you should get right around a 45".

a 45 seems way too big to me. he is tall as shizzz but only 185lbs and something that big will feel like a boat on him. im 6'3 185 and i ride a 42. a 43 would be perfect plus there are alot more selections in sizes around a 43. just my thoughts about it

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jamiewhosponges View Post
    a 43 would be perfect plus there are alot more selections in sizes around a 43. just my thoughts about it
    I agree that 44 and under offers more selections. Above 44 will get more costly.