LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Tips: when changing out of wetsuit

Today when i took of my suit i noticed by feet were yellow and my hands were super numb. I know this is normal, due to water temp, but are there techniques you all would like to share with making the change not too bad.

heres a tip i learned: bring a big gallon of hot water and keep it in the car. it helps so much! (its common sense but it works!)

any tips to make the change a little bit better?

thanks

Images
    throw a towel on the seat, drive home and change out in the shower = my method...
    otherwise, you gotta grin and bear it...

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    throw a towel on the seat, drive home and change out in the shower = my method...
    otherwise, you gotta grin and bear it...
    yeah i do the same. its so nice takin a hot shower compared to wind chill on wet body

I agree with the guys above! I never understood the mentality of changing in/out of a wetsuit at the beach--wind, sand in the suit, cold, heat, lack of privacy, etc. Wear your suit in the car both ways, unless you're sneaking out of work/school and walking out in your wetsuit would make it kinda obvious!

Images
    if you plan on sitting in your car with your suit, get neoprene covers for the seats or you'll trash them in a season.

Quote Originally Posted by firewirerider View Post
    if you plan on sitting in your car with your suit, get neoprene covers for the seats or you'll trash them in a season.
    yeah thats what happened to my cousins car after a season

Images
    I get to the beach in my suit and I get home in my suit. My drive to the beach is 5-15 minutes, so I don't have any reason to change.

Images
    If you have to change at the beach wear a pair of Hot Socks under you booties I makes getting your feet out alot easier

I found this out this weekend

Images
    I have an SUV with tinted windows. So I put down all the seats and make my trunk into a changing room. It can be difficult changing out of the wetsuit while lying down in my trunk, but at least I'm warm..I have a 45 minute drive to the water so I can't really wear the suit on the drive there and back..

Images
    I change in the back of the landrover when its cold. If not I have in issue changing on the street. I wear boardies under my suit and just wrap a towel around me to slip them off and put my pants on . I just try not to make a event out it to draw attention to me