LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetsuiter View Post
    Board shorts bunch up and cause chafing under a wetsuit. I've been diving for a long time and I learned early why divers wear bikinis under their wetsuits!
    i wear underarmour spandex. feels good man

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Wetsuiter View Post
    Board shorts bunch up and cause chafing under a wetsuit. I've been diving for a long time and I learned early why divers wear bikinis under their wetsuits!
    I wear Birdwells . I never had chafing or issues with them bunching up

Quote Originally Posted by CSB View Post
    Baller!....
    Hardly its a 95 Discovery with 160k on it

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    I always change in the street. I let my towel slip a lot in hopes of that one day coming where one of the rich yankee mother****ers who buy up all the old house on the beach and build new ugly ****mansions look out their window, see the naked guy by himself dripping wet, freak out and move back to jersey.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    I always change in the street. I let my towel slip a lot in hopes of that one day coming where one of the rich yankee mother****ers who buy up all the old house on the beach and build new ugly ****mansions look out their window, see the naked guy by himself dripping wet, freak out and move back to jersey.
    Not likely since yankee mofos like me and my friends do the same thing in the summer up here.

Quote Originally Posted by OCsp0nger005 View Post
    those hot jugs seem pretty cool. put for $60, it seems a little pricy
    Dude, save your cash. I bought a 2 gal garden/bug sprayer at Home Depot and found a shartty wetsuit at goodwill. cut a leg off the wetsuit then pulled it over the jug (to keep in a little bit of heat at least) and secured it with cable ties. The whole ran maybe $15.

Fill it with steaming hot tap water. Before I paddle out I use the wand to jet water into my boots and gloves, and down my back and front through the the neck, works well through the face of my hood to get the top of the head. The warmth usually lasts long enough until friction and body heat take over, and of course peeing helps, too. When my session is over I go straight to the wand again and wait a few minutes until my hands and feet are super warm again.

I'm lucky enough to live close to the oceanfront so I keep it all on till I get in the shower, too.

Images
    I'm with the majority, I throw a towel on the seat and one around my waist and then take it off while in the shower to rinse it out. As far the Vaseline goes, I use to put a layer of it on my face because it works well as a insulation layer from the cold water and completely block the feeling of the wind. I would not recommend using anywhere else to get your wet suite on because neoprene and Vaseline don't mix well. Vaseline (and other things like it) are petrolatum based and it will degrade and damage the neoprene in your suite. I use to wear board shorts under my suite, besides being uncomfortable if you think about it does it really serve any practical function? With how good the wet suites are nowadays, Free balln' is the way to go IMO because it feels like your surfing naked. Board shorts under the suite to me would like being taking a shower with your clothes on; But hey what ever floats your boat!
    Last edited by SeaDaddy; Jan 21, 2010 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ughVeeBee View Post
    Dude, save your cash. I bought a 2 gal garden/bug sprayer at Home Depot and found a shartty wetsuit at goodwill. cut a leg off the wetsuit then pulled it over the jug (to keep in a little bit of heat at least) and secured it with cable ties. The whole ran maybe $15.

Fill it with steaming hot tap water. Before I paddle out I use the wand to jet water into my boots and gloves, and down my back and front through the the neck, works well through the face of my hood to get the top of the head. The warmth usually lasts long enough until friction and body heat take over, and of course peeing helps, too. When my session is over I go straight to the wand again and wait a few minutes until my hands and feet are super warm again.

I'm lucky enough to live close to the oceanfront so I keep it all on till I get in the shower, too.
    yeah i was thinking about a garden/bug sprayer. but wasnt to creative on the whole insulation idea.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDaddy View Post
    With how good the wet suites are nowadays, Free balln' is the way to go IMO because it feels like your surfing naked. Board shorts under the suite to me would like being taking a shower with your clothes on; But hey what ever floats your boat!
    +1 on all accounts

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    i wear underarmour spandex. feels good man
    I agree that UnderArmour is the best solution for preventing rashes in wetsuit or board shorts.
    I get changed outside; This my normal procedure... start car and put on heat, remove hoodie, add warm winter hat, remove upper part of wetsuit, add shirt and warm jacket, remove booties and rest of wetsuit (I have on UnderArmour so no need for a towel just yet), then wrap towel, remove UnderArmour, put on my warm slippers (YES Slippers with rubber soles), put on my boxer briefs, put on pants, get my butt in car. If it's warm enough (above 35 degrees) I just change like its summertime.

in response what to wear under wetsuits im a big fan of speedos keeps your boys in place and in the summer u can take off ur suit and put on trunks right there on the beach no issues at all