Well, my sources are multiple. Mainly LOLA (Surfline) readings. Not forecats, but actual daily reports. Also, I checked the Seasonal Surf data from magicseaweed.

I basically use the same criteria as them. Over 2-3 feet (surf height, not swell height) in 7 second periods or longer. That, by my hypethetical definition, is a surfable day.

So, while WB faces a compeltely different angle, I guess they are out of the question. And DE was not in the question. I was speaking of OC MD (Inlet to 48th st) area and VB from Sanbridge to 1st street.

Just the two generally populated areas.

So, it sounds like although VB catches some randomly recordable windwswell etc that gets records as 2-3 feet of surf....

But again, I didn't mean, which waves are better, or more powerful....

I mean, a 2-3 foot mush ball and a 2-3 foot barrel are in the same category for this questions.

I just meant, overall, since 2 foot mush IS surfable, and 3 foot barrels are too, but when you add up every day that was waist high or bigger, all year....

My info gave VB a slight advantage, saying that about 22% of the time, there is a ridable windswell wave in VB, where OC MD was about 19%, not much different, but 3% is a big difference... Annually that is. I mean, obviously fall and winter can me in the 25%-40% of the time range, while summer months can be 7%-15%, so average that all up, for the entire year...

I mean, I know OC MD guys always claim hollower surf, while VB always reps the short distance to OBX

But my question was, If you had to surf 1st street in VB, and only there, all year. Or OC MD (48th st), all year, and only there...

What is the outcome? More waves in MD or VA?>