LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Yeah, like I said, I wasn't trying to diss one place or the other. I mean, VB definately has a ton of good things going on. So does OC MD

Being an MD local, OC MD was all I knew growing up, but like I said, all you ever see nationally about the mid atlantic are OBX, Jerz and VB. So, as a kid coming up, I always had this idea that VB was this big surf Mecca. I knew it wasn't any more consistent really, but I guess its like the old saying, "Everyone thinks the grass is greener on the other side".

Its good to hear that OC MD is a great area. Im glad I learned waves there for sure. I just dont know much about VB etc...

What I do know about VB, is really only from this site, and although there are some guys who obviously really love the place, all the bad sh** i hear about VB is always from the guys who live there. I mean, hearing from the guys in VB, its like death valley or something.

Its funny, cause it seems like although both places are super similar, the OC MD crew is all super stoked on their spots, and the VB guys are generally angry.

And to my OC MD boys: Fear not, the OC MD area is still as difficult to access as OBX basically. You cant just "pass through" OC MD, so regardless of showing wave photos and promoting the area online etc, if you dont live in DC or baltimore, it just takes too long to get to OC MD. One way in, one way out, unless you are a jersey kid with a boat.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Its good to hear that OC MD is a great area. Im glad I learned waves there for sure. I just dont know much about VB etc...
    This thread has played itself out for sure - i dont think ne one was calling OCMD a great area (for waves). Its a bit more consistent than Va BCH for what thats worth. Its been cold and *mostly* flat for three weeks straight and the waters 40 on a good day (tho it looks like we are about to get hooked up). So not great, but you knew that....

Images
    Purely based on quantity of surf, it would go about like this for the Mid Atlantic:

OBX > NJ > DELMARVA > VB

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    WB doesn't get cold.

Northender Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Purely based on quantity of surf, it would go about like this for the Mid Atlantic:

OBX > NJ > DELMARVA > VB
    subjective cough cough. hahah

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by conway View Post
    WB doesn't get cold.
    you dont wanna tell them about our secret.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post

OBX > NJ > DELMARVA > VB
    its all about the geographic exposure.

waves are way better in VB; please go there instead of coming to MD

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by smitty517 View Post
    waves are way better in VB; please go there instead of coming to MD
    I am from OC MD, thats all, so I would say the same thing to you. I won't be in either VB or OC any time soon. Too much going on out here.

Northender Guest
    look whos getting good wave tomo... vb and whose not ocmd... mwhahahah