LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 66

Thread: Post your Ride!

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    garbage state
    Posts
    834
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by endlessummer89 View Post
    A 1970's Schwinn
    haaa nice...i have a 1956 schwinn corvette

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Yeah I seen one at cape may and I wanted one since then . E350 diesel Surf racks . Eddie Baurer rims. It looked sharp.

    Dont get me wrong I love my Land rover and its never left me stranded.

    Its just with the van I can camp out with it if I wanted to
    here is my warning do not get a ford! they suck really bad. the transmissions suck. and their engine parts suck really bad. like on my ford explorer the transmission went and the guy lied to us and said the engine was in good shape so we forked out the 2k for a new transmission then come july 8 months later the valve spring broke. and let me tell you all something and this is coming from a kid who's dad rebuilt a 1980 ferrari, valve springs ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BREAK. and so we fixed it but the dealerships will rip you off bad. like with the spring they charged the service fee (95$) then they wanted an additional 500 just to open up the engine to tell us what my dad was able to figure out just by listening to the engine and thats what a true mechanic can do. so if there a mechanic on here if you can master listening to a engine and figure out what is wrong i congratulate you. so dont buy a ford.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    ocmd- Los Angeles
    Posts
    153
    I currently own and drive a 99 Ford ranger xlt 4X4, 1965 chevelle 2 door wagon, and a 2002 corvette z06 with cam / head package, longtube headers, CAI, 150 shot NOS, and dyno tune.
    It fukin rolls. ill post some pics and time slips.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CAPE MAY ,NJ
    Posts
    2,894
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    here is my warning do not get a ford! they suck really bad. the transmissions suck. and their engine parts suck really bad. like on my ford explorer the transmission went and the guy lied to us and said the engine was in good shape so we forked out the 2k for a new transmission then come july 8 months later the valve spring broke. and let me tell you all something and this is coming from a kid who's dad rebuilt a 1980 ferrari, valve springs ARE NOT SUPPOSE TO BREAK. and so we fixed it but the dealerships will rip you off bad. like with the spring they charged the service fee (95$) then they wanted an additional 500 just to open up the engine to tell us what my dad was able to figure out just by listening to the engine and thats what a true mechanic can do. so if there a mechanic on here if you can master listening to a engine and figure out what is wrong i congratulate you. so dont buy a ford.

    I am a mechanic I have been turning wrenches for almost 12 years now .

    Fords always have a spot in my driveway











    The metric ford trans and the aode transmissions were always junk . 3.8L would blow not long after 90K thats why the explorer got the nickname Exploder. The early Explorer's, Tarus, and Mercury Sable's were all of poor quality
    Last edited by MATT JOHNSON; Jan 22, 2010 at 10:52 PM.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    CAPE MAY ,NJ
    Posts
    2,894
    Images
    5
    Here's some pics of my Landy










  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Monmouth County
    Posts
    1,149
    1995 Z71 Chevy 4x4 With a 5.7 liter.Truck is pretty mint.Bought it off my parents a few years ago.Wifey drives a 2001 widetrack Grand prix.I Think about getting a new car now and then but I diddnt enjoy the $500 a month for 5 year payment on the Pontiac.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    as close to hades as I ever want to be
    Posts
    57
    Quote Originally Posted by wbsurfer View Post
    here is my warning do not get a ford! they suck really bad. the transmissions suck. and their engine parts suck really bad.
    my 99 ranger XLT 2x4 has 165k and is the most trouble free vehicle Ive ever owned...
    Ive owned it for over 5 yrs now and in that time the only time it ever gave me a scare was 2 summers ago, when it was running on 5 cyl's, I saved up $2.5k for the repair and it came out to $37... dollars, for a frayed spark plug wire.
    I love my ranger and would only consider selling it if someone offered me a price I couldnt refuse, which isnt going to happen

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Salisbury
    Posts
    229
    I've had great luck with fords. my surfmobile is an 06 Exploder, grey with sand-colored interior. the 4wd works great, and i have had nada trouble with it after 86k miles. All of my company's work vans and pickups are fords. the fellas run the heck out of them and they give us very little trouble.

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by d0sitmatr View Post
    my 99 ranger XLT 2x4 has 165k and is the most trouble free vehicle Ive ever owned...
    Ive owned it for over 5 yrs now and in that time the only time it ever gave me a scare was 2 summers ago, when it was running on 5 cyl's, I saved up $2.5k for the repair and it came out to $37... dollars, for a frayed spark plug wire.
    I love my ranger and would only consider selling it if someone offered me a price I couldnt refuse, which isnt going to happen
    my dad had a 88 ranger manual and we loved that thing. it had like 150K when it started giving us major problems like having little engine fires. and that was when we decided to get rid of and get his new truck.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Posts
    1,538
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I've had great luck with fords. my surfmobile is an 06 Exploder, grey with sand-colored interior. the 4wd works great, and i have had nada trouble with it after 86k miles. All of my company's work vans and pickups are fords. the fellas run the heck out of them and they give us very little trouble.
    just wait till you hit about 100k on the exploder.