LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    small closet. and a dehumidifier.

Quote Originally Posted by Retzlaff44 View Post
    Yep, works really, really well. However, 7 mm stuff does take a while. But definitely keeps the funk away.

The HangAir is for real too. Does a 5/4 in about 4-5 hours.
    i bought one of the for christmas and it stretched my suit out a lot. i had to return it and send my suit back because it was too stretched out around the neck

Images
    Driers and sunlight destroy wesuits. Liek clock work. Avoid either of these things at all costs. Yeah, I mean drip dry it in your shower. Hang it froma hanger from your shower head. In 24 hours, usually only the ankles and wrist areas are still damp. I mean, if you are heading out in 30 degree air/40degree water, im sure you want to be fully dry, but I don't think i every put my suit on fully dry. Its always a bit cold and a bit wet. Just never take enough time off to let it fully dry...

But again, sunshine and driers will kill your suit, every time.

Quote Originally Posted by OCsp0nger005 View Post
    i bought one of the for christmas and it stretched my suit out a lot. i had to return it and send my suit back because it was too stretched out around the neck
    Sorry to hear that - thanks for the warning.

We've had one since November, and our wetsuits, including my son's youth size suits seem to be OK. So far.

Images
    I saw this for drying out gloves and booties . Looks really well made and at 16 bucks its worth a shot

Wetsuit Hanger

Quick dry

I hang my suit in my guest bathroom on the washcloth bar in the shower, boots on the shower fixtures with the ankles facing down so they will drip and gloves on the edge of the tub. I put a fan on the floor and close the door! Surfed Friday morning at 7, surfed that afternoon at 4 and was almost completely dry!! Overnight, completely dry and no funk. I have a Hyperflex Amp 4/3 and that thing drys so fast and light....doesnt seem to hold any water!!

I find that if I rinse out the suit first with fresh water it tends to dry faster. Always turned inside out. Plus gets out the smell. The suit may be moist in the morning but at least its clean and ready. I tend to hang dry if camping and if I'm at a hotel I'll hang it in the bathroom with the fan on.
    I tried an old 4/3 Rip Curl once in a public dryer during a travel session and though it worked I noticed later the seams and stiching were going bad rather fast.
    I like the idea of putting it in a small closet with a dehumidifier. Great thinking there.

i just hang mine up in a door jam and use a fan pointed upwards underneath it. i can water get out of the water at dark and have my duit and everything dried by the morning