LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Any 5 boards?

wow thats sick. looks like i need to make a call down to him.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i'll try to get at least an outline shot of the 6'6" up this weekend.
    How much do you weigh?

Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    That is probly one of the sickest boards ive seen... thats shaped by brian wynn?
    yep...ordered it up in march of 2008. he doesn't use that lam much anymore...i had to ask for it specifically.

rayf.: i weigh in around 185-190lbs & dropping. i'm on a serious weight-loss plan to drop about 30lbs, 10 of which i've already dropped. i peaked last fall around 205lbs. the 6'6" is a step-up for me.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    That is probly one of the sickest boards ive seen... thats shaped by brian wynn?
    Have you ever heard of CAMPBELL BROS. SURFBOARDS? That BW shape is just based off their Bumble Bee that can be setup as a tri, a center and two side runners or a as a five fin.

BONZER_10.jpg

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDaddy View Post
    Have you ever heard of CAMPBELL BROS. SURFBOARDS? That BW shape is just based off their Bumble Bee that can be setup as a tri, a center and two side runners or a as a five fin.

BONZER_10.jpg
    Ya, i know of campbell bros surfboards... its still a sick shape

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDaddy View Post

BONZER_10.jpg

the tail of my wynn is much more pulled in than a typical bumblebee tail & the wide point is pushed forward as well. the front half of the template is actually more based off of my old pavel keel fish than anything done by malcolm, as is the rocker.
    i've ridden bumblebees set up as a bonzer 3 in the past & hated it. tail is too wide & too much entry rocker for it to really paddle well & catch waves easily.
    the tail of my wynn was shaped the way it is to hold better in steeper waves, as it really isn't a groveller, tho it does that well. it really shines when the surf gets in the chest-shoulder high range. closer in function to the octa-fish than a bee.