Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    let's see...

5'5" Rocket inspired 5 fin convertible
    5'8" Xanadu Squid
    6'1" Bing Bonzer 3
    6'2" Lost SDIII
    6'6" Dalhberg Standard Thruster
    9'8" Yater Specializer Nose

And, I want more...I think I may have an addiction problem...

5'2" Tim Stamps Mini Simmons
    5'8" Maurice Cole Metro
    5'11" Brian Bulkley Hipster Quad
    6'4" Quiet Flight Roundy

Images
    A 5'7 Diamond tail quad that I shaped myself with the help of Dave Yearwood and got it glassed at Wrightsville Glassing. Just got done yesterday, I'm still anticipating my first ride with this baby. I made it for summer mush but with any luck it may actaully perform on some better waves too.

A 5'11 Jimmy Keith Whiskey Fish thruster that I ride for basically anything... it's extremely versatile actually. I ride itin anything from waist high to as big wrightsville will get. This board has been through a lot with me since May of last year. It's not too old yet, and is still in great condition, I just hope it stays that way - this board has taught me a lot.

An 8 foot longboard-ish thing. three fin. I basically learned to surf on this board after trading in a crapy pop-out board for this. I credit it for teaching me how to use the rail of the board and how to turn off my back foot. It's still really fun to ride on small days, and you can actually do some nose rides if you get it dialed. So even after it taught me how to surf and I've moved on to shorter boards, it just keeps coming back and teaching me more things. This board is is a dream to ride when it's knee to waist and glassy, it just glides so well.

I am 6'5" and big,215 summer-250 full winter gear

6'5" In The Eye twin fish
    6'6" Campbell Brothers Octafish 5 fin Bonzer
    6'8" Infamy Minami Martin Potter 70's Plus modern twin
    6'10" Campbell Brothers 5 fin Bonzer
    6'10" In The Eye quad
    7'0" In The Eye deep six channel bottom modern single fin
    7'2" In The Eye egg single fin
    7'10" Bing Good Karma
    9'0" Bing Nuuhiwa Lightweight Stepdeck

looks like i need a 3 fin.
    the bonzers and minami are fluff at this point,as i'm more into riding In The Eye.
    Scott is an excellent shaper.

refinement has me considering selling off a 9'4" Bing Silver Spoon,7'0"In The Eye quad,6'6"In The Eye single and 6'5" In The Eye twin fish.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    5'10" HSD quad fish (found this used in a shop all banged up...fixed it up & it turned out to be a really good board)
    5'10" rusty dwart (despite all the options, i like this best as a twin w/ trailer set up. goes really fast in fat, kinda mushy surf)
    5'10" wynn stubby bonzer (pretty much has been my go-to board for the past 2 years)
    6'0" wynn bonzer mini egg (coming soon)
    6'2"wynn bonzer hp shortboard (coming soon)
    6'4"wynn single fin egg (very fun high-volume board...great for the winter b/c it still floats well w/ all the rubber on)
    6'4" bing bonzer 3 (my first bonzer...mostly a wall hanger now)
    6'6" wynn bonzer step-up pintail (a modified black beauty template that i really love...just wish i had a reason to use it more often. its been ridden more in foreign countries than it has here at home)
    9'6" wynn si si slider (heavy classic style log)
    i've hacked away quite a bit at my quiver quite a bit lately...the 6'4" single fin, the 5'10" dwart, & the 5'10" hsd quad fish have all been sold off.
    my quiver consists almost entirely of bonzers now, except for my log. this is about as minimal as i'm interested in going just now. maybe one day i'll continue to simplify, but i doubt it.
    there's something about the minimalist quiver that appeals to me...a log, a small wave board, & a good wave board...theoretically, that's all you really need on the east coast.
    but it's really fun to experiment w/ other shapes & designs!!

on that note, beachbreak: how do you like the 6 channel single fin? i've been kicking around something similar & having scott build it, since i haven't gotten a board from him in a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    let's see...

5'5" Rocket inspired 5 fin convertible
    5'8" Xanadu Squid
    6'1" Bing Bonzer 3
    6'2" Lost SDIII
    6'6" Dalhberg Standard Thruster
    9'8" Yater Specializer Nose

And, I want more...I think I may have an addiction problem...
    Know whatcha mean,I keep on telling my wife this is my last board and a couple months later I feel the urge once again.Anyone know a surfing hotline we can call for counseling.

njsurfer42-i sent you a message.

and no,we don't need rehab,we need to keep refining and keep these shapers busy.
    honing and tinkering,learning and growing.
    as we grow in surfing our boards change

6 deep...Two fish (Hank Warner Starfish so Delish) one White Diamond copy a Funfish a Rainbow Pavel bonzer and a Longboard. Geez, I hate to get rid of boards. A healthy addiction!!

5'10" homemade stubby quad
    6' Christenson C Hawk
    6' OBBC twin
    6'2" Lost RNF
    6'5" Hatteras Glass Flyer
    6'6" Jimmy Keith Shorty
    6'8" Dewey Weber Feather Fastback
    6'9" Hatteras Glass Semi
    6'9" Liddle MP3 Smoothie
    7'0" Rainbow Speedialer quad
    7'2" McGuire fundhape
    10' Bing Elevator

I'd really like to add a bonzer too

what technically is a bonzer... new to surfing what is the main difference between that and a short board and what is the pro and cons when should you use a bonzer compared to days you would use standard short board. I know its all preference but like just to get an idea.