10 6.41%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    1 short
    1 fun shape
    1 long
    1 body

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    9'6 Brain Wynn Single Fin & 6'8 Heritage Single fin.

Gonna get anther 9'6 its either gonna be a Wynn or a Bing I haven't made up my mind yet
    If your thinking about a Bing, I bought a 9'6" Bing Trimulux model about a year and a half ago from Heritage. It's kind of like your do-it-all traditional single fin. Needless to say the glide is unreal. I didn't know till I checked the Bing website that they pictured my board for the description of the model which Heritage confirmed to me. I was just in there this past month and they hay a 9'4" Trimulux with clear coke bottle blue resin tint, it just needs a $150 for a layaway and a good home. http://www.bingsurf.com/surfboards_trimulux
    Otherwise I'll be a eight boards, about ready to finally order a 6'2" Rich Pavel Speedialer
    from Surfers Supplies.
    Last edited by SeaDaddy; Jan 29, 2010 at 12:22 AM.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    im rocking 3 boards. a 6'1" jimmy keith high performance shortboard with parabolic rails. then a 6'1" al merrick flyer epoxy. and finally a 7'6" cos funboard that is as thick as a log but really fun on the small days.

two thrusters, one is a JS Combat, the other Chemistry Dagger,
    one hybrid small wave board, Chemistry Boombastik
    one fish that has been collecting dust for 3 years
    have a new thruster on the way

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaDaddy View Post
    If your thinking about a Bing, I bought a 9'6" Bing Trimulux model about a year and a half ago from Heritage. It's kind of like your do-it-all traditional single fin. Needless to say the glide is unreal. I didn't know till I checked the Bing website that they pictured my board for the description of the model which Heritage confirmed to me. I was just in there this past month and they hay a 9'4" Trimulux with clear coke bottle blue resin tint, it just needs a $150 for a layaway and a good home. http://www.bingsurf.com/surfboards_trimulux
    Otherwise I'll be a eight boards, about ready to finally order a 6'2" Rich Pavel Speedialer
    from Surfers Supplies.
    Yeah I know a cpl guys who ride for Bing and I was check out there boards and I really like them I was hoping to have Wynn Shape my next board but if he has a big list of people waitng I might just pay a little extra and buy a Bing. I am gonna looka at them again this weekend and make my decision . They are what I am use to riding more. 9'6 is what length I usely stick to
    Last edited by MATT JOHNSON; Jan 29, 2010 at 03:32 AM.

Alive!! Guest
    5'6" old school fish
    5'10" firewire quadraflex
    6'1" webber ? -with extra length and rocker for when it's mackin
    10'ish single fin waterlogged monster from the 60's

Red face

2 shortboards
    1 fish
    a step up
    gun
    tow board

Images
    3 deep...6'3 Channel Islands Flyer I use for the larger stuff 6' quad-fin Firewire Quadraflex I just got that I've only used a few times, great for small-a few feet overhead. Then 7'2 funshape I will use for the ankle slappers in the summer

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    6'2" Greenroom Whiskey Fish. Thick and wide, swallow tail. Local shape, my go to shortboard for almost any day, fat and wide to get going on mushy little waves. Amazing board. A bit too long though.

6'5" Hickman squash tail. I ride this board when the waves start tipping head high, when I need something with a bit more length. Real old so I don't feel bad about banging it around or anything. This is the board my dad taught me to surf on. It used to be his.

7'2" Walden Mini Magic model. A longboard shape/style board minus about three feet. I got this several years ago and my surfing improved exponentially because it enabled me to catch waves on my own. I still ride it occasionally. Easy to walk on.

7'6" Takayama Egg. A fun mid-range board. Kind of a weird shape, and egg with a nice pintail. Tracks well when the waves are bigger, catches and turns easy when it's small. Fun with sidebites or as a singlefin.

9'6" Alison high-performance longboard. This is the board that I was introduced to longboarding on. Not great for walking, but a very forgiving transition and a wave catching machine. I've had more fun sessions on this board than any other listed here.

9'8" Hobie. Shaped in the early 60's. Picked it up relatively cheap and fixed it up. Big, wide, thick, heavy, truly a classic log. Big D-fin made of redwood. Ten times harder to ride than any other board, but ten times more rewarding as well. This is my favorite board of all.

So I have a quiver of 6.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Yeah I know a cpl guys who ride for Bing and I was check out there boards and I really like them I was hoping to have Wynn Shape my next board but if he has a big list of people waitng I might just pay a little extra and buy a Bing. I am gonna looka at them again this weekend and make my decision . They are what I am use to riding more. 9'6 is what length I usely stick to
    Definitely check out the Heritage Shop in OC. The have a great selection of Bings. They even have a new model out that I did not see on Bings website called The 4 Speed.