LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankShreds View Post
    I was too embarrassed to say it, or admit it
    Haha, I can't hide from my statistics.

Imagine we could be in the water as much as we check this site...

Quote Originally Posted by FrankShreds View Post
    Imagine we could be in the water as much as we check this site...
    Gosh I wish that was true for me. It makes me work even harder though, so that I can get into good colleges and have options.

There you go, believe me if there was swell every day here most of us would be in the water every morning, I know I would.

Images
    i can't wait for fall

We still have winter, and spring usually produces allot of side shore slop that you can have some fun on.

i just cant wait for it to get alittle warmer cause no money and all i got is a 4/3 right now

Images
    to be quite honest I just don't feel like dealing with 36 degree water temps. my bone marrow is frozen.

Images
    Very good point. I mean, in SD, the crowds go from 100% in the summer/fall to about 30% in the winter, and the water only drops to 57 out here. That and a lot bigger surf is enough to keep about 80% of surfers out here out of the water....

So I would only venture to guess what % of "surfers", and I use that term loosely, actually stay out all winter. I would bet that OC MD goes from 100% in august, to about 5-7% in Jan/Feb right? I mean, the beaches are crazy packed all summer, but seriously, who else besides hard core entuhusiasts would ever TOUCH water that is 37 degrees. I mean, like all of you, I WOULD do it, but I would not be happy about it. You gotta do what you gotta do, but most people can't find any logic behind going out to their car when the air is in the 20s much less, get in 37 degree water with 20 degree air....

I mean, it does sound like a pretty crazy thing to do right?

So anyway, people who aren't planning on surfing or going to the beach all winter, probably aren't chceking in on this site...

I mean, I like to snowboard up at big bear etc in the winter, but I only go to snowbaording forums like right before I go to the mountains. I don't sit on snowboarding websites in the summer. Out of site, out of mind... Same concept I guess

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    Has anyone noticed how much less BS there is on the forum during the wintertime. It is pretty nice

I hope I didn't jinx it... I'm sure I am just asking for it now

I noticed the same thing last year as well, where the BS factor went up considerably in the summer time. It must be representative of the surfers that paddle out more so in the winter/summer.
    cuz everyone on here is a teacher