LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snow in OC MD?

Images

Snow in OC MD?

Im checking the OC MD cam. It's ****ing snowing? yikes. It looks cold.

So this is a random question, but technicall OC MD and the far eastern shore of MD fall into a different sub-climate than everything west of the chesapeake and to the North East.

Western MD is consider "continental subtropical/wet" and OC MD and everything to the SE is "Humid Subtropical". It has a lot to do with mountain ranges and the jet stream, but my point is, western MD and BMORE get all the snow. How much snow in inches would you say you guys have had, including the blizzard last month? I noticed OC didnt get much of that either right?

that big storm that hit the region was a joke. baltimore got like 2 ft, west of oc got 2inches and 30 minutes inland got 6 inches and just went up from there. oc itself got about 1 inch.

today is a different story though. im in berlin and we already have 5 inches and the worst is yet to come. oc is not missing any of it either because the ocean is so friggin cold.

Images
    We got about 4-5 inches of snow here in Cape May

We're always on the line, hit or miss. crazy the weather difference over the course of 150 miles or so on the peninsula.

Images

Food for thought. . .

A difference of about 300 miles and about thirty degrees of separation. Life just isn't fair.
    Last edited by MDSurfer; Jan 30, 2010 at 07:20 PM.

Images
    that is the Buxton Report? No way the water in buxton in Jan was 69 degrees. its 40 in OBX right now. I mean, I know buxton is south, but if wilmington is 46 degrees, how is buxton that temp?

KB4L's weather station reads 65* with 75% humidity. Water is in the upper 70's, perfect for marinating those knee bumps.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneeboarder4Life View Post
    KB4L's weather station reads 65* with 75% humidity. Water is in the upper 70's, perfect for marinating those knee bumps.
    Where is KB4L? Not in OBX im assuming. Everyone is confusing me now.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Where is KB4L? Not in OBX im assuming. Everyone is confusing me now.
    KB4L is in his kneeshredding winter location in the Caribbean. The only thing he will be shoveling out of his driveway this morning is dog ****.

Images
    The buxton water temp being reported is from buoy 41025. This is a little bit off the coast and is greatly influenced by the gulf stream.

The water here dropped from 69 to 55 in the last 24 hours on 41025:
    http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.php?station=41025

Its definitely not always representative of the water at the beach, but there is no closer observation near there.

I would say sometimes the water along the southern OBX could be warmer that Wrightsville area, because of the gulf stream really goes close to the Cape there.