LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: Viper Fins

  1. Viper Fins

    Just got vipers but going to get another pair for winter. I have hyperflex amp 5mm booties, was wondering if I went next size up if they would fit. They have a narrow opening but was wondering if all size vipers had same size opening. Anyone rock booties under their vipers, if so did u go next size up and what kinda boots?

  2. #2
    I wear vipers with my 5 mil h20 bodyboarding booties. they fit good.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ocmd
    Posts
    704
    Images
    10
    The foot pocket is very narrow and boxy. I use an XL in the summer only because I can't wear them in the winter with a 5mm boot. I wish I could. You guys must have small feet.

    I heard there was a way to modify them but I don't want to cut them.

  4. #4
    my foot size is a 11

  5. 10.5 for me. U guys have the v5, flex or v7? Can't wait to get them in the water with them! Gonna get XL so I can rock my new boots. I'm not really a fan of my h2 odessey boots, they leak lots if water.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseySponge View Post
    10.5 for me. U guys have the v5, flex or v7? Can't wait to get them in the water with them! Gonna get XL so I can rock my new boots. I'm not really a fan of my h2 odessey boots, they leak lots if water.
    Yeah that is true. they leak some water and i have the v5s and the v5 flex. i love them to death. best fin ever made

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseySponge View Post
    Just got vipers but going to get another pair for winter. I have hyperflex amp 5mm booties, was wondering if I went next size up if they would fit. They have a narrow opening but was wondering if all size vipers had same size opening. Anyone rock booties under their vipers, if so did u go next size up and what kinda boots?
    I love my Vipers Orange Dots (V5) in warm to cool waters, but the foot pockets do not scale up in size when adding 5mm or more of rubber. Seek out swim fins with a wider foot pocket.

    Caveat: If you have really narrow, skinny feet they might work.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Belmarbodyboader View Post
    Yeah that is true. they leak some water and i have the v5s and the v5 flex. i love them to death. best fin ever made
    Do u feel a difference between the two. Which pair do u like better?

  9. #9
    i like vipers for summer use. but when winter comes around my feet cramp to hard in them sooo i like to rock the churchills

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    ocmd
    Posts
    704
    Images
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by NewJerseySponge View Post
    10.5 for me. U guys have the v5, flex or v7? ...my h2 odessey boots, they leak lots if water.
    V5's for me...about the boots-but what other options do we have? I need a sock not compound rubber soles.. the socks ain't too bad, and I actually stay warm while my buddy gets cold feet in 7mm and a lycra sock

    I opted for Tech Hydro Originals with a wide foot pocket