LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Anyone ever get skin rash/irritation from wetsuit?

Came in last week from a 3 hr session in and noticed a rash under both my underarms. They've turned into really swollon, red bumps and are super painful. I was wearing my 3/2 but now I am thinking maybe I should start wearing a rash guard under my suit. Anyone else ever have a problem with skin irritation from thier suit?

dude i wear a rashguard and it helps a lot. i get rashes on my stomach a lot when the water gets warmer during the summer and it looks bad because when the rash goes away it is pale white compared to the rest of my skin that is tanned

rash guard = no rash; that's why they call them rash guards

Images
    Are you putting on deodorant before you go out? I've noticed that when I wear deodorant and go surf, I get rashed horribly under my arms. Other than that, put zinc or Vaseline on them and you'll be good.

everyone gets rashes from wetsuits. a good trick i like is body glide or belly jelly, or even if your desperate Vaseline will do the trick. rash guards always ride up and end up being a belly shirt for me under my wetsuit, so i stay away from them.

it's weird though because for some reason i only get rashes from my 3/2 and springsuit. and i never got a rash from any of my winter wetsuits-ever. anyone know why?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnyav13 View Post
    everyone gets rashes from wetsuits. a good trick i like is body glide or belly jelly, or even if your desperate Vaseline will do the trick. rash guards always ride up and end up being a belly shirt for me under my wetsuit, so i stay away from them.

it's weird though because for some reason i only get rashes from my 3/2 and springsuit. and i never got a rash from any of my winter wetsuits-ever. anyone know why?
    Probably because 3/2 and spring suits use flatlock stitching opposed to blindstitching and glued/taped seams usually present on colder-water wetsuits.

Quote Originally Posted by ledzepfreak View Post
    Probably because 3/2 and spring suits use flatlock stitching opposed to blindstitching and glued/taped seams usually present on colder-water wetsuits.
    my 3/2 is glued

sounds like the common wetsuit rash.
    with that raw skin it could also be infected, were you out after heavey rainfall?

i had that happen to me this winter-twice....the soreness lasted almost an entire week. i got a wetsuit from a buddy and gave him hell afterwards saying he had some kind of "armpit" infection that he gave to me. i wear a rash guard under wetsuit now and it hasnt happened again..but it was SUPER painful!

Did it resemble this?

LOL!!! Man that sucked!!!