LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Texas BodyBoarders

Just wondering if anyone is BB around TX? I surf but some days it gets to big for my liking, I'm on a Longboard.

Thumbs down

too big??what are you smoking haha

in texas?? i dont get it?

Images
    it may get too rough... but a chest high day on the texas coast is never too big

I don't boadyboard much, but when I do, the face of the wave looks huge when laying on the stomach. Galveston has some good bb swell, do to "how the wave breaks so nice on a good day." Surfside has a more slower longboardable wave that kinda rolls rather then barreling over. What part of Texas are you talking about? It gets bigger the further south you get. I have surfed 16 footers in south padre. some would say thats to big. Texas gets big but never really TO BIG.

Images
    Im new to texas, and a originally a bodyboarder from the east coast. Im deffinaty interested in learning where some of the heavier/steeper waves are at on the Texas coast. Im located in college station, and looking to do a 2 or 3 day trip if theres gonna be swell. Where should i check? Galveston you say?

Quote Originally Posted by drewp View Post
    Im new to texas, and a originally a bodyboarder from the east coast. Im deffinaty interested in learning where some of the heavier/steeper waves are at on the Texas coast. Im located in college station, and looking to do a 2 or 3 day trip if theres gonna be swell. Where should i check? Galveston you say?
    Its funner here in Surfside, but G-town has a nice shore break. We have no beach here right now and GLO is dumping a **** ton of sand within 3 months. there going out to our 3rd sand bar with sand and its deep out there so, shore break heaven this spring and summer. I think Surfside is going to be better this year then it has been in the past 10 years. Matagorda is kick ass but sharky, port-A and Corpus is the best in Tx. South Padre is very nice but I have problems with ppl starting shlt with me and others that are not from there. I say "go to south padre but watch you back". Those guys watched Point Break to many times.

Here is a cool link to some Texas surf videos. You might be able to make up your mind by watching a few of these videos.

http://upyourchannel.blogspot.com/

im from the east coast and im staying in tx on north padre all summer... wheres the closest but best break around??

Quote Originally Posted by chincosurfer View Post
    im from the east coast and im staying in tx on north padre all summer... wheres the closest but best break around??
    If I was you I would bring as much respect to the packery channel. Don't mess around with those dudes over there, and stay out the way! Them locals are loco. There also the coolest ppl in tx so make sure you bring respect with you.