LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cjswee View Post
    You're the negative one here douchebag.

ughh smart?

I believe Jesus was a surfer. He learned the eastern philosophies and understood the physics of movement, miracles and enlightenment. He wants everyone to understand that. It goes far beyond religion. The Black Sea and Med have had waves for ever.
    . We surfers do the same. Walking on water. Becoming one with mother ocean and to many, God. Surfing achieves that nirvana as Bhuda woud say, that Zen, higher self, heaven on earth. inner joy and peace. Same thing! Kingdom of surf!

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I believe Jesus was a surfer. He learned the eastern philosophies and understood the physics of movement, miracles and enlightenment. He wants everyone to understand that. It goes far beyond religion. The Black Sea and Med have had waves for ever.
    . We surfers do the same. Walking on water. Becoming one with mother ocean and to many, God. Surfing achieves that nirvana as Bhuda woud say, that Zen, higher self, heaven on earth. inner joy and peace. Same thing! Kingdom of surf!

I think I just threw up in my mouth when I read this. f&cking hippies

I loooove religious debates, when done respectfully, of course. I'm in the middle of reading "Under the Banner of Heaven". It's about the slaying of a Mother and child "in the name of God" due to mormon fundalmentalists. Extremists in our backyards. Here's a pretty good passage in the book taken from another book:

"One is often told that is it a very wrong thing to attack religion, because religion makes men virtuous. So I am told; I have not noticed it......
    "You find as you look around the world that every single bit of progress in human feeling, every improvement in the criminal law, every step toward the diminution of war, every step toward better treatment of the colored races, or ever mitigation of slavery, every moral progress that there has been in the world, has been consistently opposed by the organized churches of the world......
    "My own view on religion is that of Lucretius. I regard it as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race. I cannot, however, deny that it has made some contributions to civilization. It helped in early days to fix the calendar, and it caused Egyption priests to chronicle eclipses with such care that in time they became able to predict them. These two services I am prepared to acknowledge, but I do not know of any others"

Just some food for thought ladies and gentlemen.

wallysurfr is correct here. Most christians would not consider themselves religious, but something way different and more than that. It is the world's view of "religion" that gives it a bad name. But the real christian knows that the world is not divided into 100% christians and 100% non-christians. The only 100% christian was Christ. Everyone else falls somewhere in the middle, because Christianity is a constant, daily journey of faith, and everyone falters and fails, everyone has ups and downs. The real christian knows this and admits it.

But theology aside, njsurfer42, you should get your hands on a few books...and I think you'll find that 1) Christianity is very, very logical and 2) surfing and spirituality go hand in hand.

Read Mere Christianity by CS Lewis; and I Surf, Therefore I Am and Waves and the Meaning of All Things by Peter Kreeft. Even if you have no interest in Christianity whatsoever, the latter 2 books are a GREAT read for any surfer.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyhams View Post
    The only 100% christian was Christ.
    I'm not trying to argue or anything, but Christ was Jewish and only followers of Christ can be Christians because that is what the term means;

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/christian

Well, really, this debate is pretty nul when I think of it.

Anyone who knows anything about anything when it comes to God, knows and acknowledges that the one and only true messiah to grace the blue ocean and the green grass of Earth is Stephen Colbert.

Debate settled.

Images
    ....Weird thread End!

Yikes!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    I'm not trying to argue or anything, but Christ was Jewish and only followers of Christ can be Christians because that is what the term means;

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/christian
    touche... but I think what he meant here was that the only one who was perfect/sinless was Christ and Christians goal in life is try to become as much like Christ as possible. That and spread the Truth ie: those little books that were mentioned earlier...

Still waiting for njsurfer to tell me what exactly it is he is so admant about denying...

Who here wants to go to Heaven when they die?

Images
    Ib4tl???