LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wallysurfr View Post
    ok, fair enough. I'm not trying to convert you stoney. Just asking a question. If He was just another guy who lived then why all the fuss about Him? Why is there a BC and an AD? Why would His followers be dying in order to further the Truth? Just some rhetorical questions, not trying to get under your skin bro. You are very entitled to your opinion and I am mine. We can agree to disagree...

If this thread even makes one person question their beliefs then it is worth at least talking about...

Religion is for those who don't want to go to hell, Spirituality is for those who have already been there.
    No worries, you're not getting under my skin and I'm unconvertible

Why the fuss about any religious deity though? Because many people yearn for something or someone to believe in to get them through life, which is fine. There is only a BC and an AD in Christian countries. Non-Christian countries and the scientific community have different timelines. Your questions all assume that everyone practices Christianity, which obviously we don't.

I've surf traveled all over the place and everywhere I hear similar words from surfers. "Its spiritual man!" Surfing is alot more than that as we all know, but it sums up to being one with an energy far stronger than ourselves. Ask anyone surfing Mavericks. the ocean will win every time. Those guys are deep into their super conscious just to survive the worst. We all can walk on water and be great surfers and people but we can also be snubbed out by a rogue wave at any time.
    Last edited by Alvin; Feb 9, 2010 at 08:47 PM.

many people have made good points even those who do not agree with Christianity or are not Christians. Like Christians a lot of times do not act like Christians that is a big problem and i def. agree with that statement. I put up the post just to see what others though about Christianity and all religions. Christian Surfers is not about throwing Bibles in your face, it is just a group of people who believe in Christ and we just become friends with others. We don't throw Jesus in their face. thanks for the replies on the post
    Last edited by get wet; Feb 9, 2010 at 08:21 PM.

Everyone gets to go to surfer heaven. God accepts everyone. Jesus didnt discriminate when he said all are saved. Religion has caused more pain and suffering than almost anything else out there and in the name of what? Most of it was created to control the sheep of the world. In the name of religion we had the inquisition. Imagine if the inquisition included hedonistic rituals like surfing. They'd set fire to our petroleum based boards and burn us and our brand new wetsuits over a toxic fire. Look what happened to the Hawains. Only now are they getting back to the way things should be just like the American Indian who can finally dance again during their ceremonies.
    Last edited by Alvin; Feb 9, 2010 at 08:42 PM.

Images
    I'm a Christian, and I'm trying to live a better life... slowly but surely, I have already grown into a better human being. However, being a Christian doesn't mean you have to go to church, it's just that a good church is like a community and will aid in your spiritual growth. IMO, Catholic Mass is unproductive and just a bunch of rituals, and my parents used to take me every Sunday, so I have had first-hand experience. I think we (the world as a whole) got it wrong when we divided Christianity, when in the bible it clearly says to practice unity with each other and encourage each other with love. I certainly don't walk around school shouting verses at people, but present myself as a clean individual, as do my friends. Hopefully, we can represent a change. It doesn't mean we convert everyone. It just means that what everyone is doing is pretty bad, even from a non-religious viewpoint.

I agree that some countries have used religion as a means of control, which is flat out wrong, but you'll find that true Christianity widely contrasts the values of many corrupt countries, and even politicians in our own country.

Also, Jesse Hines, Noah Snyder, Brett Barley, all those guys are Christians, but you wouldn't have known it without paying careful attention.

btw, Get Wet, do you have any info for the CSA in the Cape Fear chapter?
    Last edited by ledzepfreak; Feb 9, 2010 at 08:41 PM.

I'm glad we can all get along, as Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddists, Hindus, agnostics, atheists, spiritualists, native spirit. Thats what makes the surfing community so great and diverse. A tribe all over the world creating good. I agree with someone about the 'Golden Rule'. It applies to everyone.

Images
    I would consider my self a Christian . I dont go to Church as regulare as I should but I try to lead my life as best as Christ would want me. He know we mortals are not perfect but I belive the if we belive that he died for are sins that we will all have a place by his side when each of out time comes.

When I do go to church I usually go to Crest Community church in Wildwood Crest. It has a nice vibe and a few surfers I know go there as well

WB: C-street and Mase and Sweetwater and all sorts of chill places around WB. Its rad.
    I'm a Christian but I dislike organized religion because of the stereotypes it perpetuates. Looks like most of you buy those stereotypes, which is sad. Most Christians, like me, are not evangelical at all; I don't go around searching for "unsaved souls" and I don't drop Bible verses or anything. However, I am open about my faith, not meaning that I talk about all the time but you won't ever see me hiding it, and I'm happy to talk about it to people who want to hear. Most of us will share it with whoever wants to be shared with. I have faith, faith that is very real. I've felt God in my life, and that feeling of knowing is very difficult to explain to someone who doesn't have it, or who denies before trying to understand. It is blind faith, yes, I don't have any scientific proof, but the faith is real and it is there and I believe in it. It's just there in me.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    I've surf traveled all over the place and everywhere I hear similar words from surfers. "Its spiritual man!" Surfing is alot more than that as we all know, but it sums up to being one with an energy far stronger than ourselves. Ask anyone surfing Mavericks. the ocean will win every time. Those guys are deep into their super conscious just to survive the worst. We all can walk on water and be great surfers and people but we can also be snubbed out by a rogue wave at any time.

Bullsh&t!! Surfing is a physical activity. The 'spiritual' part is endorphins that your brain releases from the exercise.

I am an atheist, and proud to be one.