LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Images

Best neoprene glue?

I have a 1/2" tear on one of my gloves. I've never had to repair neoprene before but I know they make glue for this purpose. Any good brands?

Images
    Aquaseal works great find it at any shop, Just make sure you clean (prep) the repair spot well and dry it before you apply it.

Images
    I always used aquaseal....But, I just recently started using this other brand....I can't remember the name but it comes in a container that looks like a PVC cement container. Works better then aquaseal IMO.....I got it from Spells in Allenhurst

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aguaholic View Post
    Works better then aquaseal IMO.....I got it from Spells in Allenhurst
    I'm on it, since that's my local.

O'neill makes a glue that comes in something that looks like a rubber cement container.
    For gloves i would just invest in a new pair because they are the cheapest piece of rubber to replace and my hands are usually the first thing to become cold after 2 hours... Just my 2 cents

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    O'neill makes a glue that comes in something that looks like a rubber cement container.
    For gloves i would just invest in a new pair because they are the cheapest piece of rubber to replace and my hands are usually the first thing to become cold after 2 hours... Just my 2 cents
    I see what you're saying, but I always try to fix things before I get rid of them. Its just how I roll I guess.

It's called Seal Cement and it comes in a metal container with a brush connected to the top that twists off. It's $7.95 and you can get it at Allenhurst Spellbinders for sure. It's great because it stays elastic and it's black, aquaseal gets hard and also turns yellow.
    Last edited by JollyRipperNJ; Feb 9, 2010 at 10:00 PM.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JollyRipperNJ View Post
    It's called Seal Cement and it comes in a metal container with a brush connected to the top that twists off. It's $7.95 and you can get it at Allenhurst Spellbinders for sure. It's great because it stays elastic and it's black, aquaseal gets hard and also turns yellow.
    Awesome, I'll hit up Spells asap. Thanks guys!

Just to let you know aquaseal voids warranties the ones that look like rubber cement dont (just food for thought) (at least on oneil suits it does)

Images
    I use to use this black rubber cement made by 3M products. It dries overnight and stays prelly flexable . Way better than Aqua Seal does . I belive the Home Depot sell it for like 5 bucks