LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Thanks but I wish.
    hahaha well it's pretty easy to gain weight if you're lifting and stuff.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakagrom View Post
    hahaha well it's pretty easy to gain weight if you're lifting and stuff.
    Just started working out again. I try to stay more flexible than bulky.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Just started working out again. I try to stay more flexible than bulky.
    truth. that's why when I work out, I don't only do all the typical heavy lifting exercises. I incorporate different stretching and core workouts as well so that the muscles complement each other when I do the heavy weights. I'm naturally pretty flexible so it works well for both surfing and lifting weights. That's why I don't ever use a weight belt when doing heavy weights because the weightbelt is artificial support for your body, whereas without the weightbelt you've gotta support the weight with all of your core muscles and the other complementary muscles in your body.

ac is crowded warm or cold sucks!

One thing that blows with winter surfing is the daylight savings time.You can surf up until 9ish in the summer.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by epic one View Post
    ac is crowded warm or cold sucks!
    lmao, that's the truth. not much difference between summer or winter in AC.

Just cant stand the cold anymore. Getting old I guess.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    One thing that blows with winter surfing is the daylight savings time.You can surf up until 9ish in the summer.
    fact right there

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Yeah, a good one will get you through the whole winter. I wear a 4 mil, which allows me to go with no booties or anything. The only time i wear booties are at low tide a reef break or two that get sketchy. But the water temp bottoms out at 56.... and the air temp is always 60plus, so san diego winters feel like early june back in the mid atlantic. Not that cold, but not warm... Like I said tho, most of my buddies who wear 3 mils all winter end up rocking booties at one point or another. The 4 mils warms my core and my feet come out toasty warm after a 3 hour session.
    I love surfing La Jolla. I was performing in San Diego for a week and surfed Windandsea mid April. water about 60. I wore 4/3 and booties but couldve lived with less. some guys were out in shorties. Not crowded. Nice mix of people out and beauties on the beach. Lefts were the best. I ws in the water all day. I was on foot from the surf shop where I rented a board and almost made the mistake of surfing Hospitals til a local surfer gave me good advice and gave me a ride to Wind.. He even checked out to see if there were any agros in the water. Really awesome place.