LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Exclamation slashed my face today

on a mackin waist high wave. lol, unreal went straight to emergency room. got a few stitches right under the eye. about a 1 inch slice. i fell off the board and it came back and rammed me in the face. This is the second time since the summer i got a face injury in knee to waist high waves. i have surfed for 20 years and this is the second face injury. fun fun...at least i have a bottle of vicadins. Caught a few really long lefts at least, so i'm not bummed at all.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    on a mackin waist high wave. lol, unreal went straight to emergency room. got a few stitches right under the eye. about a 1 inch slice. i fell off the board and it came back and rammed me in the face. This is the second time since the summer i got a face injury in knee to waist high waves. i have surfed for 20 years and this is the second face injury. fun fun...at least i have a bottle of vicadins. Caught a few really long lefts at least, so i'm not bummed at all.
    oooo enjoy it hah. yeah i tend to get careless in little stuff. i always cover my face and curl into a ball tho, so i rarely get head injuries. but today i goofed around bailing and a fin jabbed me in the foot. its one of those annoying cut/bruise type thingy that just annoys the **** outta you lol. at least i didn't need to ice it, the session did that for me.

Images
    They gave you vicodin for that?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    oooo enjoy it hah. yeah i tend to get careless in little stuff. i always cover my face and curl into a ball tho, so i rarely get head injuries. but today i goofed around bailing and a fin jabbed me in the foot. its one of those annoying cut/bruise type thingy that just annoys the **** outta you lol. at least i didn't need to ice it, the session did that for me.
    in the summer i have constant bandages on my feet. foot cuts are the worst and it seems i'm always dealing with cuts and bruises on my peds.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    They gave you vicodin for that?
    i needed an x-ray. the orbital bones around my eye took most of the brunt. the bones around my eye do hurt so...

Images
    i needed an x-ray. the orbital bones around my eye took most of the brunt. the bones around my eye do hurt so...
    Don't be a mook, just eat 3-4 Advils.

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Don't be a mook, just eat 3-4 Advils.
    why take 4 advils when you can just take 1 aleive?

Images
    Haha, I was recently prescribed 500mg naproxen's (= 2.25 Aleve's) and it didn't so sh!t for me.

Images
    okay, i have to admit i didn't need them, but wash one down with a cold beer and ooohh my do i feel nice.

besides, the advils are anti-inflammatory more so than for pain relief.

Images
    okay, i have to admit i didn't need them, but wash one down with a cold beer and ooohh my do i feel nice.

besides, the advils are anti-inflammatory more so than for pain relief.
    3 weeks ago I was prescribed an anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxer, and pain killer. I didn't even fill the pain killer rx. Now I'm wishing I did just to have it on hand.