LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    garbage state
    Posts
    848
    Images
    3

    Exclamation slashed my face today

    on a mackin waist high wave. lol, unreal went straight to emergency room. got a few stitches right under the eye. about a 1 inch slice. i fell off the board and it came back and rammed me in the face. This is the second time since the summer i got a face injury in knee to waist high waves. i have surfed for 20 years and this is the second face injury. fun fun...at least i have a bottle of vicadins. Caught a few really long lefts at least, so i'm not bummed at all.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    686
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    on a mackin waist high wave. lol, unreal went straight to emergency room. got a few stitches right under the eye. about a 1 inch slice. i fell off the board and it came back and rammed me in the face. This is the second time since the summer i got a face injury in knee to waist high waves. i have surfed for 20 years and this is the second face injury. fun fun...at least i have a bottle of vicadins. Caught a few really long lefts at least, so i'm not bummed at all.
    oooo enjoy it hah. yeah i tend to get careless in little stuff. i always cover my face and curl into a ball tho, so i rarely get head injuries. but today i goofed around bailing and a fin jabbed me in the foot. its one of those annoying cut/bruise type thingy that just annoys the **** outta you lol. at least i didn't need to ice it, the session did that for me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    They gave you vicodin for that?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    garbage state
    Posts
    848
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    oooo enjoy it hah. yeah i tend to get careless in little stuff. i always cover my face and curl into a ball tho, so i rarely get head injuries. but today i goofed around bailing and a fin jabbed me in the foot. its one of those annoying cut/bruise type thingy that just annoys the **** outta you lol. at least i didn't need to ice it, the session did that for me.
    in the summer i have constant bandages on my feet. foot cuts are the worst and it seems i'm always dealing with cuts and bruises on my peds.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    garbage state
    Posts
    848
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    They gave you vicodin for that?
    i needed an x-ray. the orbital bones around my eye took most of the brunt. the bones around my eye do hurt so...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    i needed an x-ray. the orbital bones around my eye took most of the brunt. the bones around my eye do hurt so...
    Don't be a mook, just eat 3-4 Advils.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    686
    Images
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Don't be a mook, just eat 3-4 Advils.
    why take 4 advils when you can just take 1 aleive?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    why take 4 advils when you can just take 1 aleive?
    Haha, I was recently prescribed 500mg naproxen's (= 2.25 Aleve's) and it didn't so sh!t for me.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    garbage state
    Posts
    848
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by pvjumper05 View Post
    why take 4 advils when you can just take 1 aleive?
    okay, i have to admit i didn't need them, but wash one down with a cold beer and ooohh my do i feel nice.

    besides, the advils are anti-inflammatory more so than for pain relief.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ocean, NJ
    Posts
    1,408
    Images
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    okay, i have to admit i didn't need them, but wash one down with a cold beer and ooohh my do i feel nice.

    besides, the advils are anti-inflammatory more so than for pain relief.
    3 weeks ago I was prescribed an anti-inflammatory, muscle relaxer, and pain killer. I didn't even fill the pain killer rx. Now I'm wishing I did just to have it on hand.