LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bada "BING"

Images

Bada "BING"

Just got back from buying my new to me boards.

9'10 Bing Elevator with a 11 inch Pivot fin

9'8 Bing NoseRider 2 with same type of fin

The Elevator was ridden 4 times The NR2 a bit more but they are both in Mint condtion a cpl minor scratches on them no dings , no pressure dents .

If it wasnt dark I would post some pics Hopefully tomrrow if I wake up early before work.

How the Late Week Bump hold out for me . So I can try these things out
    Last edited by MATT JOHNSON; Feb 22, 2010 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Just got back from buying my new to me boards.

9'10 Bing Elevator with a 11 inch Pivot fin

9'8 Bing NoseRider 2 with same type of fin

The Elevator was ridden 4 times The NR2 a bit more but they are both in Mint condtion a cpl minor scartatches on them no dings , no pressure dents .

If it wasnt dark I would post some pics Hopefully tomrrow if I wake up early before work.

How the Late Week Bump hold out for me . So I can try these things out
    Buying a new board is always cool.My wife Just got me a new one a few months ago.Its funny how the first few times your out with it you don't want even a little pressure ding on it but after a few sessions you know its going to get a little banged up.Congrats on your new rides.

Images
    yeah now i just need waves lol

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    scartatches
    I think you made a new word

Waves are on their way. . .

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ECsponger View Post
    I think you made a new word

Waves are on their way. . .

LOL its was bottle time when and made that post LOL

awesome! i'll be stoked to read a ride report on the nr2...i was originally looking at a silver 9'6" that was at heritage oc before i got my wynn.

i'll be picking up 2 new wynns later this week...stoked!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    awesome! i'll be stoked to read a ride report on the nr2...i was originally looking at a silver 9'6" that was at heritage oc before i got my wynn.

i'll be picking up 2 new wynns later this week...stoked!!
    I have a 9'6 Wynn and Its my go to board. I was told that the NR2 rides just like the original the only difference is the fin is not glassed in .

The Silver spoon works best in waves knee to chest high from what I am told . The NR2 is good from Knee to Head high so I think the NR2 will be my new goto board and the 9'6 Wynn will be my Wildwood summer weekend its crowded board not to say I am gonna bash it up its just the Wynn only cost me a bit less and it has one ding in it already .

Images

Big boards

You must be a pretty big guy Matt to be riding a 9'10" and 9'8". The longest I've ever ridden is a 9'. Board of preference now is 8'0 Channin mini-longboard thruster.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    You must be a pretty big guy Matt to be riding a 9'10" and 9'8". The longest I've ever ridden is a 9'. Board of preference now is 8'0 Channin mini-longboard thruster.
    Nah I am Tall and Skiney. 6ft 170lbs , Biggest board I have ever riddend was a 10'4 Cooperfish Hornet that belonged to a friend of mine. I had a CF but it was only a 10'0

Those boards get sketchy once it get head high or bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    tho i don't know him personally, i'd take a guess that matt surfs in a much different manner than you do, mdsurfer. if you're looking to garner serious tip time on a log, a bigger board is the general rule of thumb. pretty much, if you're a full-zise adult male, not a kid or chick, & want to longboard in the traditional style, nothing under 9'6" is really gonna cut it.

i'm about 25lbs heavier than him & don't longboard often, but i ride a 9'6" heavily glassed log when i do. if i wanted to take a more aggressive line, i'd prob. be riding something around 9'2" or so, glassed much lighter.

its just a question of style & approach.