LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Images

Hawaii Honey moon questions....

So, the fiance and I are flying back to MD and getting married on the Chesapeake Boy on August 28th this summer. We are still trying to figure out where to go on the honeymoon.

So, our first choice was Costa Rica. But from what I understand about the rain season etc, the first week of September probably isn't the most ideal time to take the Fiance down there. I know the surf is good that time of year, but the weather isn't so nice. And since its a honeymoon, the surfing comes last.

Our second choice was The Caribbean. But it is right in the middle of Hurriance Season. So, I am not too keen on that either..

So, long story short, we have both never been to Hawaii. So, we are looking at pricing etc on hawaiian vacation packages... Obviously the south shore spots are the place to be in August, but does anyone have some advice about the Cheapest Flights/Hotels on the Islands.

We are obviously trying to save as much money as possible, so If anyone has advice on how to keep things cheap in Hawaii in September, I would really appreciate it...

Thats awesome. I would love to take my honeymoon in Hawaii, but we can only do one week and traveling there from MD would take up at least 3 days round trip. From what I understand Barbados is out of the way of most hurricanes in the Caribbean.

Zach, try to find a condo/house/apt to rent. VRBO and Homeaway.com are two good places to start. You can probably find several places within blocks of the beach in Waikiki and others in the Diamond Head area and beyond. Happy hunting!

Images
    I thought you were going to ask how the waves would be in MD on August 28th...

what about France, spain, or Portugal. dont they get good swell late summer early fall? and it could be a good honeymoon spot. but im also not married lol.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lax8810 View Post
    what about France, spain, or Portugal. dont they get good swell late summer early fall? and it could be a good honeymoon spot. but im also not married lol.
    Italy and France were our first choices because I am a sommelier and in the restaurant business and my Fiance is a chef. So naturally, the south coast of france jumped out at me and we are both Italian, so we were interested in visiting "the mother land"... But long story short, we can't even find airfare that is under $3000... That is just out of our budget really. We want to save as much money from the wedding because after we marry, we are going to reconsider where we live and possibly look at a condo or something back in OC MD or VB... So, I want to go somewhere nice, but cheap.... I know that is a lot to ask. But a flight from San Diego to Hawaii is much cheaper than one to France... Unless you guys have insider info on getting across the pond cheaper.

I know guys that fly from SD to San Jose CR all the time for like $300-$350 roundtrip. And I also know that guys get pretty cheap roundtrip to Hawaii too. I just have no inside info on Europe. It all just points to INSANELY expensive.

Hey, I saw your post and thought I'd add my two cents....go to Maui or Kauai...!!!!

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    And since its a honeymoon, the surfing comes last.
    Jeez...tell me about it. I keep telling myself the same thing. Going to Costa Rica in June for my honeymoon. I can just picture it now..sitting at a nice romantic dinner with the Mrs....looking out over the water at peelers coming in! There is just no way that's gonna end well with the Mrs..my mind has a mind of it's own! lol

+1 on Maui (it'd be better for a honeymoon than oahu, unless you guys like citylife). Maui's sick (probably where i'm moving when i move there), just not as "busy" as oahu(esp. waikiki). Still plenty to do though, day & nighttime, just a little less disneyworld-ish. & still a lot of fun stuff to do outside of surfing.

Try craigslist hawaii for a place - forreal, best way to save loot always
    http://honolulu.craigslist.org/vac/ - just click the island tab at the top
    - I found a house in puerto rico for $50/night that was about 5 mins walking distance from maria's beach near rincon n 5 mins walking from the bar...you might get lucky...

kauai's good if u guys dont plan on leaving your room....or if you like nature & wanna escape the modern world. just dont plan on much for nightlife.

If you do end up going to oahu, n wanna save sum $$ (shopping-wise) while ur there, dont buy any "souveneir" type things until you go to University of Hawaii at manoa's football stadium parking lot on a sat. or sun. (cant remember which, ask the locals). they have a huge "flea market" type thing every weekend and sell all the same stuff the tourist shops sell, plus A LOT more, a lot cheaper. the Mrs.(CONGRATS) would probably like it.

if you've never been there, GO & enjoy every min. of it. sleep when you get home...

Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    Jeez...tell me about it. I keep telling myself the same thing. Going to Costa Rica in June for my honeymoon. I can just picture it now..sitting at a nice romantic dinner with the Mrs....looking out over the water at peelers coming in! There is just no way that's gonna end well with the Mrs..my mind has a mind of it's own! lol
    I dont know if it was the break I was at or just a coincidence, but when I went to CR for a few days in late May it was lake-flat at low tide and picked up towards high tide. So make your dinner reservations at low tide