LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i grade papers, write lesson plans, spend time w/ the girlfriend & parrot, catch up w/ work around the house...stuff that tends to fall by the wayside when we're getting a run of swell.
    i'm lucky enough to have a gf that is VERY understanding when it comes to surfing. if it has been flat for a while, she doesn't mind if i blow something off to go surf. hell, after 2 years, she pretty much expects it.
    flat spells are also a good time to catch up on board & wetsuit maintenance...ding repair, strip & re-wax boards, check the suits for tears...normal wear & tear stuff.

in the summer, i'll sit on the beach & read or do something else-swim, paddle, kayak...anything in the ocean, really.

Images

what to do!

I read surf related books, Surfer Mag. Skateboard in central park, nice long hills good to carve. Listen to music. watch surf vids, and daydream of perrrrrffffect waves.

Images
    work on my houses, watch surf movies, check the forecast on swellinfo, hit the gym, play soccer, work.

hit the hills for some biking or boarding,run,swim,martial arts, anything to keep stoked

Winter blues

This winter in the UK has been shockingly cold, with horrible weather, snow, rain, the whole works. So surfing just hasn't been on the cards really (live in London too, which REALLY doesn't help). So, as an alternative, I started planning and saving to buy a surf van which I'm going to do up with a mate. We're going to go half shares on the van and set up costs, then take it to Europe and back this summer, and re-sell it next autumn. (That's the plan, although the logistics are trickier than I expected!)

Images
    Awesome man! Welcome to the forum! How are things across the pond?

Images
    recommend banning njshackcitysuckas asap.

Images
    Golf. Been playing a lot this winter. I just love competition. In anything. Golfing with friends brings out a fire in me. Kinda like surfing.

Images
    Well, school pretty much keeps me from surfing, waves or not, so that stinks. But other than that, I skateboard (longboard and shortboard), and i've been getting into shaping, but i haven't been able to continue my current shaping project for the last few weeks.