LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    Quote Originally Posted by RobfromFredneck View Post
    I wonder if there will be some innovations like at Wikiki beach where thousands of newbies want to learn surf but get exhausted in the paddle out/paddling in? Sort of like a ski lift for out of shape or wannabe surfers)? After all, that is usually the hardest part of surfing for beginners anyway (paddle endurance). Just thinking up some crazy stuff here.
    god, i hope not!! what w/ the way wetsuits are going, being able to paddle out thru the surf in the only thing that's really separating the committed from the uncommitted. when suits were less flexible & not as warm, that kept a lot of folks away from winter surfing b/c they didn't want to freeze their @$$es off & get major armpit chafing in the deal. the addition of a chairlift type device at some spots would just be the last nail in the coffin.

i can't imagine sharing today w/ a ton of clueless dorks. for a reason that is lost on me, my school was closed today. so i got to surf all morning completely solo...there wasn't even anyone on the beach! it was so nice & peaceful...

duh

Sort of like a ski lift for out of shape or wannabe surfers)? After all, that is usually the hardest part of surfing for beginners anyway (paddle endurance). Just thinking up some crazy stuff here.
    buddy dont strain your brain its called jetski's surfers are already taking much advantage of this.

Images
    I wonder if there will be some innovations like at Wikiki beach where thousands of newbies want to learn surf but get exhausted in the paddle out/paddling in? Sort of like a ski lift for out of shape or wannabe surfers)? After all, that is usually the hardest part of surfing for beginners anyway (paddle endurance). Just thinking up some crazy stuff here.
    No offense to you personally, but if the conditions are too much for you to get out in - you shouldn't be out. Paddling is really important for newbs to learn and having something to pull them out while they just lay there would be totally counterproductive. Newbs need to learn their boundaries and paddling is the quickest way to that.

Images
    I have to agree . You gotta know you limits and be comfortable with the level of surfing you are at. If things dont feel right its best not to even paddle out. Some people get presession gitters and thats normal but, If you head isnt in the game and you cant decide weather to paddle out or not its best not.

New years Day is a good example. Santa must have gave every inexperienced surfer winter gear. Its was a mess that day to the point were I went a cpl blocks down to where it was less crowded.

Question mattt ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I have to agree .
    New years Day is a good example. Santa must have gave every inexperienced surfer winter gear. Its was a mess that day to the point were I went a cpl blocks down to where it was less crowded.
    is that what you really look like? in that little profile pic?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    is that what you really look like? in that little profile pic?

Yes thats me