LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Magma Surf Wax

Images

Magma Surf Wax

Has anyone tried this stuff yet. I saw it at Woody's and I got 4 bars of it to wax my new longboards. I was told it was super grippy. Has anyone used this stuff yet. It went on really even so I hope it works well

absolutely sucks. it's way too soft. palmers all day.

Images
    palmers sucks. magms is the a super grippy long-lasting wax. it is awesome

Images
    Yeah I have alway used sex wax I saw that and figured I would give it a try . It went on rather easy and is soft and it got my hands full of wax . I didnt buy the base coat they didnt have any when I got it so I just got the cold water. I only Waxed up one board with it so if I dont like it They said I could bring the un used bars back for something else.

I am not a fan of palmers at all . For some reason I dont like how it spreads . I like my wax to be spread even as possible. I found Palmers is clumpy and It takes like almost 3 bars to do a longboard

we couldn't give the stuff away at the shop i work for & a couple team guys tried it & came back w/ only negative reviews...they cleaned their boards off as soon as they finished their first session w/ the stuff.
    i pretty much swear by zogg's quick humps...that stuff is awesome! so tacky (gripy)...stays on in warm/tropical water well, too.

basecoat is a complete waste of time. Bubblegum is my favorite, but usually get sticky bumps since its easier to get. palmers is too flaky.

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    im using waxy wax for my boards right now and i like it. very sticky and grippy.

Images
    I did some reasearch and found out that Magma is made by the same people that use to make Bees Wax. I also found something else for the eco friendly surfers out there . There is a Organic Surfwax out there thats made out on natural bee wax and Cocanut oil. Even the packaging is 100% made from Recycled papers.

Images

C'mon guys!

It's just wax for heaven's sake.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    It's just wax for heaven's sake.

Maybe so but every brand has its pros & cons