LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Magma Surf Wax

Hybrid View

Images

Magma Surf Wax

Has anyone tried this stuff yet. I saw it at Woody's and I got 4 bars of it to wax my new longboards. I was told it was super grippy. Has anyone used this stuff yet. It went on really even so I hope it works well

absolutely sucks. it's way too soft. palmers all day.

Images
    palmers sucks. magms is the a super grippy long-lasting wax. it is awesome

Images
    Yeah I have alway used sex wax I saw that and figured I would give it a try . It went on rather easy and is soft and it got my hands full of wax . I didnt buy the base coat they didnt have any when I got it so I just got the cold water. I only Waxed up one board with it so if I dont like it They said I could bring the un used bars back for something else.

I am not a fan of palmers at all . For some reason I dont like how it spreads . I like my wax to be spread even as possible. I found Palmers is clumpy and It takes like almost 3 bars to do a longboard

we couldn't give the stuff away at the shop i work for & a couple team guys tried it & came back w/ only negative reviews...they cleaned their boards off as soon as they finished their first session w/ the stuff.
    i pretty much swear by zogg's quick humps...that stuff is awesome! so tacky (gripy)...stays on in warm/tropical water well, too.

basecoat is a complete waste of time. Bubblegum is my favorite, but usually get sticky bumps since its easier to get. palmers is too flaky.

Images
    I cou;d swear by the stuff. I don't use a basecoat but the stuff is super-soft and grippy, even the warm water bar. And the beads they put in there keep you remembering what temp. wax you have on your board.