LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Magma Surf Wax

Images
    Magma is terrible, it smears and melts off your voard the first session, making your deck slippery. Plamers, sex was, and sticky bumps are all good

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I also found something else for the eco friendly surfers out there . There is a Organic Surfwax out there thats made out on natural bee wax and Cocanut oil. Even the packaging is 100% made from Recycled papers.
    I have a few bars of that stuff. I think it is called naturales. it spreads nice and evenly and each bar usually has a little more than any other brand. That stuff is by far my favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I did some reasearch and found out that Magma is made by the same people that use to make Bees Wax. I also found something else for the eco friendly surfers out there . There is a Organic Surfwax out there thats made out on natural bee wax and Cocanut oil. Even the packaging is 100% made from Recycled papers.
    Magma is made by Hyperform, Inc. in Florida. The same company that manufactuers X-Trak traction pads. Best pads on earth BTW.

go stickybumps or go home

Images

Bodyboard Wax

Here's a thread on bodyboard wax if you're interested.

Images
    Sticky bumps..sticky bumps all day!
    BTW...can you really say one traction pad is better than the next. I've only used Gorilla and Dakine and i do not notice any difference in traction or chaff-age or adhesion.....they all are pretty much the same unless you're micro analyzing the traction characteristics in a scientific lab! lol

wb and you can find me at crystal and sweetwater and all over wb.
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    BTW...can you really say one traction pad is better than the next. I've only used Gorilla and Dakine and i do not notice any difference in traction or chaff-age or adhesion.....they all are pretty much the same unless you're micro analyzing the traction characteristics in a scientific lab! lol
    how did you know i was analyzing the characteristics?

no one said VERSA SURF?
    i always go with mrs palmers, shes a great lady. Famous is good too.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LOSTsoul View Post
    I don't know. I have problems with almost all of my traction pads. Every Dakine one I ever buy lasts about 4-6 months, and my back foot just digs and digs under the pad. Its my toe side that digs it up. So no matter how careful I am with putting it on. I mean I press and hold every inch of the things before I apply them, but they eventually start to pull off. My buddy let me borrow a bigger board that I like using in bigger winter surf. After two weeks, I had basically kicked off half of his traction pad... Like 5 years ago, southcoast gave me a bunch of free OAM pads.. They looked cool and I kept using them because they were hook ups for free, but to be honest, they were actually the best pads ive ever used. So, on my newest board, a 6'1 cquash tail, I have a OAM pad and so far it hasn't been ripped to sh**.

So my vote is OAM traction pads. Something about their adhesive works better for me.

What do you guys think about the best shortboard leashes? The lifetime of an average leash of mine is about 1 year. Sometimes a bit less, sometimes a bit more. But on the dakine leashes, that people say are the best, I always snap the little metal connector piece that hooks the wire on the leash to the ankle strap so the leash can move a rotate sideways... That little metal piece just snaps off after about 9 months of using a leash daily... Then on the OAM leashes and another off brand leash I bought, I have a nack for just snapping the actual wire part of the leash. I have broken like 3 of them with clean cuts right in the middle of the leash. Just ripped right apart....

Lucky for me, my leashes usually break when I pull into like a chest high barrel or something, but when im out in big sh**, I always look at these leashes like, come on baby, you can do it!!!!

Leash quality SUCKS!!!

I hate leashes, but i suck at surfing without one, meaning im always body surfing in getting my board every wave. I just hate when im sitting on my board and i see a wave coming and i start to paddle and my leash is tangled up in my feet, or when i stand up and im actually standing on my leash. i just hate leashes. I never wrap my leash around my board anymore in fear it will make it more twisted, but no matter what my leash is always wrapped around my legs in the water, i f***ing hate it. has anyone tried the leashes with the little ball on it to make it not get tangeled? i need to try it out. oh by the way Zach, i probably go through 1-2 leashes a year, and my favorite i guess are fcs or dakine comp.