LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Okay Jimmy for one thing surfing isnt a "sport" Its a lifestyle and if you feel its a sport you no understanding of surfing. Also if you there wasnt no internet, Wetsuits, Or cams how would surf in the winter without a wetsuit . And dont say I would go someplace warm for the winter cause not everyone has the option todo that.

The foward movement of surfing and it technology is constantly making it better. As long as we keep non surfing companies away that dont care about the advancement in surfing and only to make a quick dollar we should be good
    lol,Brother just got laid out.

hit the spot yo, only thing its rare seeing girls in summer??? I think you mean winter.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    hit the spot yo, only thing its rare seeing girls in summer??? I think you mean winter.
    yep meaning winter not summer, thanks

great essay it wierded me out tho bc those are my exact thoughts and life situation and i been to costa after survivng winter surf.... jersey surfers are defiantly on the same wavelink..........i have a writing class in bdale alll i write about is surfing!
    Last edited by staystoked; Mar 1, 2010 at 11:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Slade View Post
    i disagree. No one should be able to expierence it except me. I hate it when i paddle out in the winter and there are people surfing. This sport used to be fun until the invention of surf cameras, wetsuits and the internet. Thats something you should write a paper on.

-slade
    I, too, love the magic of surfing in the winter, albeit in the tropics. Nothing like the early morning chill at sunrise, grabbing a steaming hot cup of tropical coffee and steamed milk, freshly baked and still hot French style bread and the smell of coconuts, gardenias, banana trees... and being one of the first in the water that is warmer than the air at 77F. Paddling out to East Coast cold water shore break does NOT prepare me for 200 yd, 300 yd paddle outs in the tropics, and the power of those waves.

Usually, it's hard for me to formulate sentences about how I feel when surfing without sounding like a total kook or tree-hugger. So, I just stick to other topics when writing, such as the death of my Grandpa or a persuasive writing piece on a value of mine. Every once in a while, I'll throw in a piece about a memorable dawn patrol or something like that.

I agree with Njsurfer that you need a more recognizable thesis. Make yourself an outline and underline your thesis in your paper so that you can clearly see it, and formulate topic sentences from there. Also, if this is a formal essay for an English class, you should probably stick to third person-omniscient. First person shouldn't be used unless it's a personal essay, or your teacher allows you to do so.

I understand what you're trying to say with respect to your love for surfing in the winter, but I believe that you can definitely put a lot of work into this paper. My English teacher would be super harsh on you because of the disorganization and diversions and all, but at least you've got a basis from which to work.

High school I'm assuming? What grade?

yea i try to keep surfing and school seperate...when school is combined it ruins my love for things

Nice!

Great thoughts! I wish I could have written that well in high school -college. That last paragraph could use a bit of polish. I'm not sure "toughness" is the best word choice.
    Organize your thoughts around a thesis.Remember: tell them what you are going to say, say it, tell them what you said. 1,2, 3!
    Keep up the great work. We could use more surfing writers to help us get over those flat spells!

Quote Originally Posted by GoodVibes View Post
    lol,Brother just got laid out.

What are you talking about, Geek?

It's all about the

-SLADE

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shakagrom View Post
    Usually, it's hard for me to formulate sentences about how I feel when surfing without sounding like a total kook or tree-hugger. So, I just stick to other topics when writing, such as the death of my Grandpa or a persuasive writing piece on a value of mine. Every once in a while, I'll throw in a piece about a memorable dawn patrol or something like that.

I agree with Njsurfer that you need a more recognizable thesis. Make yourself an outline and underline your thesis in your paper so that you can clearly see it, and formulate topic sentences from there. Also, if this is a formal essay for an English class, you should probably stick to third person-omniscient. First person shouldn't be used unless it's a personal essay, or your teacher allows you to do so.

I understand what you're trying to say with respect to your love for surfing in the winter, but I believe that you can definitely put a lot of work into this paper. My English teacher would be super harsh on you because of the disorganization and diversions and all, but at least you've got a basis from which to work.

High school I'm assuming? What grade?
    just a high school freshman, and this was just a straight rough draft, seeing what everyone thought