LOGIN | REGISTER

Thread: Keys

Hybrid View

Keys

Do a lot of you have a hard time finding a place to keep your keys when you are out? Either cars keys, and or house. For a long time I would have to bury mine in the sand haha. Before I start wearing boots, and wear sneakers onto the beach I just throw them in there. I really don't like the idea of keeping my keys in the truck with the doors unlocked. Recently I found a hidden place in the truck to keep them. I still can't think of what to do with the house keys when I start riding a bike up to the beach again. Burying them in the sand is only alright in the off season when the beaches aren't filled with hordes of people.

Images
    Hiding the car key is harder because they can't get wet. Hiding the house key is easy because you can put it in your wetsuit. Most wetsuits made within the last 5 years have key spots. For the car key, get a magnetic box that you can stick underneath to the body. If I don't ride my bike, I usually leave my car keys in my backpack on the beach.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneybaloney View Post
    Hiding the car key is harder because they can't get wet. Hiding the house key is easy because you can put it in your wetsuit. Most wetsuits made within the last 5 years have key spots. For the car key, get a magnetic box that you can stick underneath to the body. If I don't ride my bike, I usually leave my car keys in my backpack on the beach.
    Yeah, but i'm all ocd and just don't wanna put the keys in there haha. Same with body jewelery I take the few piercings I have out before I get in the water. Recently I started putting my keys in one of the utility bins in my truck. When the water becomes warm enough that I don't wear boots[Anything 60 degrees or over] I just wear an old pair of sneakers onto the beach cause i'm a real ***** when it comes to walking barefoot on pavement! When I wear the sneakers they can just go in there.

Images
    I just put my keys on one of my tires or through my rim I surf Spring Lake so I'm pretty sure no one there really wants to get into my car... If I ride my bike I don't bring any keys just grab my hidden spare to get back into my house...

youd be suprised at the lil****as in SL. My buddy left a board outside his house a block in from the beach, showered and by the time he came out some punks had taken it and hidden up in a dune. we found the board but not the culprits!

I have a beater so my carkey CAN get wet. I stick it in my leash holder for the key.

I do the same as scobey, i always just put my key in that little pocket in my leash. Hiding the keys in the gas cap is always a popular one too.