Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

can i surf with a new tattoo?

greetings all,

So I just got a new tattoo on friday night, it is medium sized right above my belly button so its on my stomach. the guy said not to go in the water for at least 2 weeks, but tommarow afternoon may be clean and with this recent NJ flat spell I'm dying to surf.

what do u guys think about possibly surfing tommarow? I was thinking about maybe covering the tattoo with seran wrap, or a bandage under my wetsuit. How bad of an idea is this? Will I ruin the tattoo if I do this?

thanks- Snowy Grainius

Intro post first....who are you?
    I mean, we know, based on your question, that you are not intelligent. After all, you were told by the tattoo morons DO NOT GO IN WATER, and yet.....you seem to disregard advice. You either are low IQ or are burned out by drugs.
    Oh, lest I forget....."have a nice day"!!!
    LOL

+1

Bad idea. Just don't surf. Ever againe.

EDIT: On second thought, please do surf. Be sure to send us all of photo of your focked-up tat in a week or two, we could all use the laughs.

why is it a bad idea? why can't someone give me some advice? i wanted to wrap something around and over the tattoo to maybe protect it, wouldn't that do something at least

Quote Originally Posted by snowy grainius View Post
    why is it a bad idea? why can't someone give me some advice? i wanted to wrap something around and over the tattoo to maybe protect it, wouldn't that do something at least
    You paid a lot of money for the tat, right??
    And now, you cannot understand why it is dumb to get it wet?? Skin absorbs water. Water will dilute some of the ink and smear your tat.
    Do you get it now???

Quote Originally Posted by barry cuda View Post
    you paid a lot of money for the tat, right??
    And now, you cannot understand why it is dumb to get it wet?? Skin absorbs water. Water will dilute some of the ink and smear your tat.
    Do you get it now???
    +salt!

Quote Originally Posted by snowy grainius View Post
    The tattoo person did specifically give you advice, you just don't like what you heard so you're looking for different advice.

But yeah, random people on a surf site definitely know more about tattoos than the people who make a living inking tattoo, sure.

you dumbasz

ok dam guess i won't go out, i mean its probably going to not clean up and be barely rideable anyway so why ruin a tattoo for that right? not entirely sure whats up with all the nasty responses tho...