LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Which of the newest wetsuits feature the best combination of the newest technologies

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ripcurl F-Bomb Chest Zip

9 12.68%
  • O'Neill Psyco Freak

16 22.54%
  • Body Glove Vapor Slant Zip

2 2.82%
  • Xcel Infinity Dry Lock

26 36.62%
  • Matuse Tumo

1 1.41%
  • Quiksilver Cypher

1 1.41%
  • Billabong SG5

1 1.41%
  • Matuse Hoplite

3 4.23%
  • West Lotus

1 1.41%
  • Patagonia R4

4 5.63%
  • Hotline Reflex

0 0%
  • Other

8 11.27%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    I am very happy with my Flow . I havent had the flushing issue your having . they run a little bit on the small side so I got a Large instead of a meduim tall. I might up grade the the Amp next winter maybe 6/5/4 is the moment takes me
    It's not that it flushes, it just that it doesn't seem too watertight in the neck/shoulder areas where the flap overlaps.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by terra-firma intolerant View Post
    It's not that it flushes, it just that it doesn't seem too watertight in the neck/shoulder areas where the flap overlaps.

Hmmm thats strange , I am sure you got the right size so I am not even gonna ask that.

i wish i had a patagonia. i got a billabong and hyperflex and there fine but if i had the money i would get a Patagonia with the wool lining. My favorite boards are FCD and Merrick and i think Patagonia makes a quality product

Images
    Oh wait, I have the Amp 5/4/3 . The Amp used to be the one around $200 but then they improved the suit, raised the price and introduced the Flow. So the flow of today is last years Amp. But the Amp of today is a totally new suit. Huh? So I have the 2010 Amp which is a great suit, my last suit was an Amp but is now called the Flow and it was very good too, lol .

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    i wish i had a patagonia. i got a billabong and hyperflex and there fine but if i had the money i would get a Patagonia with the wool lining. My favorite boards are FCD and Merrick and i think Patagonia makes a quality product
    Yeah if I had that kinda cash I would get Patagonia or Essential wetsuit I hear tons of good about both brands and If hyperflex ever goes belly up they will start getting my money next

I have a cheap 4/3 and a cheap 3/2 that are both old but work in the spring/late fall, but for the dead winter/right now, would an xcel 5/4/3 w/ hood work ok? I just dont want to be too hot.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandbar18 View Post
    but for the dead winter/right now, would an xcel 5/4/3 w/ hood work ok? I just dont want to be too hot.
    Yes, but so would the Hyperflex 5/4/3 for less money.

Images
    In about a month you should be able to get away with a 4/3

I have been wearing a hooded 4/3 Xcel Drylock this winter in NJ and have been reasonably warm. I'm probably pushing it a little bit since the water's been in the high 30s, but I haven't been freezing and I'll take the lighter weight and flexibility. Using 5-mil Drylock split-toe boots and 5-mil O'neill lobster-claws.

Images
    ^ sick, good to know you can get away with a 4/3 round here.