LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

crazyest places u surfed

name them.. only if you have had foriegn waves...

mine is short...

(jersey surfer for 5 years)

1. Costa rica ( witches rock )

2. tel aviv israel

3. new york (rock away)

this is random and i consider it to be pretty crazy . there is this spot along the james river where a ferry crosses back a forth and during the summer the tide will get super low and at one spot there use to be a fairly large island that a hurricane washed away so if the ferry is fully loaded with cars it will push a knee high wave across this sunken island as the ferry crosses across the river , now me and my brother will anchor off the island with a cooler full of beer and wait every half hour for the one ride . its not that exciting but its just really wild place to surfing has occurred

Images
    manta ( like the rays) near puerto lopez, ecuador..not only the only person in the water, i was wearing my only water clothes...a shorty wetsuit and the water was like 90.....they thought i was crazy..surf sucked but the ceviche right on the beach was excellent....

An uninhabited barrier island off the coast of Virginia. Plagues of ticks, mosquitoes, and the occasional rabid raccoon... but the setup is sweet, and when it's on, it's pretty smokin'.

Images
    Cinnimon Bay St John Virgin Islands, an odd short wave over some very ragged coral heads. It was cool to surf it though and the water was crystal clear. Also Sandy Hook NJ Back in the 70's we would sit at first jetty on super low tide, flat summer days and wait for a tanker to leave NY Harbor. When it passed we would rush into the water and wait. After about 3 minutes or so a tiny perfectly clean wave or two would come by and peel right along the jetty all the way to the beach.

I surfed under the r-50 bridge in ocmd one time, that was pretty crazy considering its in the middle of the bay/sound

Other than that, just crazy jagged shallow coral reefs in the Caribbean.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Cinnimon Bay St John Virgin Islands, an odd short wave over some very ragged coral heads. It was cool to surf it though and the water was crystal clear. Also Sandy Hook NJ Back in the 70's we would sit at first jetty on super low tide, flat summer days and wait for a tanker to leave NY Harbor. When it passed we would rush into the water and wait. After about 3 minutes or so a tiny perfectly clean wave or two would come by and peel right along the jetty all the way to the beach.
    i bodyboarded at cinnamon bay over easter, i cut my knee on a reef head, and then bodyboarded the shorebreak wedge that was really fun and actually barreled.

Surfed a spot a couple hours North of Cabo San Lucas on the Sea of Cortez. We drove through the dessert for about an hour and a half before finally hitting the coast, then rode along the mostly uninhabited coast until we found a spot that looked like it had some potential. Pulled onto the beach to see the tide filling in over a rocky reef break and shoulder high playful rights firing down the beach for a couple hundred yards. Not one person on the beach and no one in the water except a big sea turtled which stuck around for the whole session. Ended our day on the beach with a cooler full of Sol. Pretty sweet spot.

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    name them.. only if you have had foriegn waves...

mine is short...

(jersey surfer for 5 years)

1. Costa rica ( witches rock )

2. tel aviv israel

3. new york (rock away)
    staystoked - u surfed in tel aviv?? ive been there twice, and i didnt know that there was ever a break in the mediterrannean right there. how was it? where was it? were there others out there with you?

Is Gas Chambers in Tel Aviv???
    haha omannnnn im goin to hell