LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Hilton Head, SC; only because it is not known as a surf destination (and for good reason, ha)
    The Peak, Ireland; because it is kind of a sketch entry jump off of a rocky reef and slightly less sketch exit climbing back onto the ledge.

South Haven, Michigan (Lake Michigan).

Surf is better than you think, and the mid-west guys are the friendliest locals you ever want to meet. Everyone in lineup came over and shook my hand. The waves weren't epic, but it still was one of the coolest surf experiences I've ever had.

Red face got lucky

craziest place/time?

me n 2 buddies took a trip to costa, rented a car and explored the coast for 2 months... one time we found a sick river mouth w a nice rock reef no1 around light offshore and about head high. but about an hr or so into the sesh, a guy walks out of the brush onto the beach stands there for a few mins then starts waving wildly at us screamin something we couldnt hear... my buddies start freakin, i figured it was nothin and the guy was jsut tryin to kick us out, so obviously, need at least one more wave... then my one buddy swears he sees something in the water pretty close by, hes freakin, i tell him its prolly nothin prolly jsut some fish jumpin... then i see a big movement, by the rocks, its a big shape, but i dont know what it is... we get out fast, guy runs up to us, says that he saw at least 2 huge cayman gators swim out of the river into the ocean right near where we were at...
    lesson learned: sometimes maybe theres a good reason people yell at u to get out of the water

Quote Originally Posted by perfectsilence3 View Post
    craziest place/time?

me n 2 buddies took a trip to costa, rented a car and explored the coast for 2 months... one time we found a sick river mouth w a nice rock reef no1 around light offshore and about head high. but about an hr or so into the sesh, a guy walks out of the brush onto the beach stands there for a few mins then starts waving wildly at us screamin something we couldnt hear... my buddies start freakin, i figured it was nothin and the guy was jsut tryin to kick us out, so obviously, need at least one more wave... then my one buddy swears he sees something in the water pretty close by, hes freakin, i tell him its prolly nothin prolly jsut some fish jumpin... then i see a big movement, by the rocks, its a big shape, but i dont know what it is... we get out fast, guy runs up to us, says that he saw at least 2 huge cayman gators swim out of the river into the ocean right near where we were at...
    lesson learned: sometimes maybe theres a good reason people yell at u to get out of the water
    Did they look something like this???

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...sta-rica_6637/

Intendencia - Iquique, Chile

Below sea level death, most locals wear a helmet if they even paddle out.

Last edited by Chris Joyner; Mar 3, 2010 at 06:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Retzlaff44 View Post
    Did they look something like this???

http://www.surfline.com/surf-report/...sta-rica_6637/

hahaha hell ya, god they r terrifyin... and i thought sharks and jellyfish were my main concern lol

Images
    I'v never surfed any where crazy but the coolest place was in cali. there was this cliff that had a cave at the bottom and you could go inside. And during high tide the waves would bounce off the cliff and form this sick wedge, right at the point of cliff, lots of rocks and sketchy stuff though.
    http://image52.webshots.com/152/3/99...2qvLuOk_ph.jpg
    Last edited by mikedub; Mar 3, 2010 at 05:54 PM.

Images
    Pics or you are all liars!

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    name them.. only if you have had foriegn waves...

mine is short...

(jersey surfer for 5 years)

1. Costa rica ( witches rock )

2. tel aviv israel

3. new york (rock away)
    staystoked - u surfed in tel aviv?? ive been there twice, and i didnt know that there was ever a break in the mediterrannean right there. how was it? where was it? were there others out there with you?

Is Gas Chambers in Tel Aviv???
    haha omannnnn im goin to hell