LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

israel has great surf all over the country (holy land barrels)

Quote Originally Posted by jordanschneider View Post
    staystoked - u surfed in tel aviv?? ive been there twice, and i didnt know that there was ever a break in the mediterrannean right there. how was it? where was it? were there others out there with you?
    ye i have surfed there like 5 times its pretty good but there are alot of people out there all the locals in the water smell like there cologne....but yeah surf is good there moslty in winter time they even had a hurly surf comp one of the days i was there

Images
    Never surfed anywhere too crazy but most unique spots for me are

China walls- Southeast Oahu

And this spot on the tip of the North Shore past backyards, on low tide it was only a couple feet deep and the reef was pretty intense, just getting into water deep enough to paddle required us to walk across a sea urchin infested reef for several yards. Once we got out there we were greeted by several massive sea turtles. Surf was around 6-8 feet but got really sketchy once the sun set.

In no particular order

1) Inches, SE Puerto Rico - shallow reef left w/urchins ain't whats crazy about it - the fire coral is nasty and a few of the guys out that day were really torn up by it, err, on flames.

2) Hermosa, Costa Rica in Oct 1988 - the 100 yr rain had all the streams turning into rivers and rivers into avalaches of water - the line-up was full of the usual tree parts plus refrigerator doors, tires, animal parts, etc. It was really gross when you drifted north towards the river mouth.

3) SW France, Summertime - only time a pair of sunglasses would have kept me from looking like the super perv - the women were beautiful.

Images
    1.Salsa brava (the pic)
    2.Puerto escondido (all the photos are from a disposable)
    short list, but those are probly the 2 best breaks
    wait nevermind, cant get the salsa pic on

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    1.Salsa brava (the pic)
    2.Puerto escondido (all the photos are from a disposable)
    short list, but those are probly the 2 best breaks
    wait nevermind, cant get the salsa pic on
    Get the Salsa pic!!! I've seen that thing heaving and it was scary...

Images
    I surfed the bull shark infested waters of mar del plata argentina, the break called "the rock" which is a right point break that breaks about 10 yrds infront of a massive horizontal jetty that had all these barnacals and **** in it.

Salsa is sick and I have caught it huge, wave in Chile makes it look like child's play. Salsa got scarier after the earthquake back in the 90's.

Images
    when i was there, there wasnt huge epic salsa brava, and i would of loved to see it break big and clean, but when i was there it broke a couple days, one really nice, clear blue water, and a nice size.. but the rest of the time was smaller, so it didnt break until the day i left, but ill try to get some pics.

Images
    heres 5 pics of salsa, there not the epic salsa, but that blue day was weird looking down on take off, and seeing dead sharp reef, and then a heavy lip coming over... wish there were more salsa pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

Images
    Calafia. 2005, DOH+ south swell in October. I have surfed beigger waves and all that, but this particular spot breaks off an under water reef rock jetty and hollows out into jagged reef. And its a right point, and im goofy. So I spent a whole day of pulling into freight trains and was surprised I made it out alive that day. I was with some cool locals that helped me out, but me and my friend both agree that was the gnarliest session ive ever had. Made it out of a couple barrels out of pure survival instinct, thinking if i didnt make it, I was a goner in 2 feet of water and reef as far as the eye can see.

I know some guys on here have been there before, I have talked to them about it, but if you have been there, you know how heavy that spot gets even if its not that big. This sh** was macking and I went down there with this crazy as$ navy seal big wave charger. Every time I get a phone call from him i get nervous, like ohh god, it must be big out.