LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    Bridges, PR where the waves break right in front of rip rap all along the shore and the local meat packing plant was dumping cattle parts in the water attracting the men in gray suits. . . but that was in 1968.
    Now they just pump waste into the line up. Luckly I walked down the road a bit and surfed Sand Pits. My buddies did surf Bridges and didn't get ill, but I did hear many others have gotten sick after surfing there... Feb 2009

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by eastbreak View Post
    Costa Rican river mouths are known for crocks and sharks especially remote areas. I surfed Playa Langosta river mouth and sighted several sharks within arms reach of me. I'll hand it you guys... you have balls surfing there...
    It's not that they have balls, they just were ignorant. I walked/swam through the river mouth from Playa Grande to Tamarindo a few times and that was really sketchy.

Tamarindo (not the town in costa), but a break south of San Juan del sur in Nicaragua. Accessible by boat. Head high, 3 people surfing it.

Ollies Point. it was small, but waist to chest sets. We were the only boat there. So small that it was breaking very close to the rocks. I'm regular, so I couldn't see how close, but goofy would've been a little intense.

Hawaii- waikiki wasn't crazy, but just such a sight to see. sooo many people in the water learning to surf, beautiful women, catamarans taking waves, SUP's, it was just amazing.

I take "crazyest" to mean just that, as opposed to epic or super big. so I submit the following:

Lake Erie, near Cleveland, Ohio on a early fall day, conditions were about 2-4 ft windswell semi clean, basically few if anyone would've bothered in Jersey, and there were - no **** - over 30 guys out, 3-5 second rides maybe - and they're whooping and screaming like its DOH.

Haulover Beach Miami mid-summer tropical system, its waist-head and a bit choppy, way way crowded, like well over 75 heads out, but the "crazyest" thing about this session was the 2 butt ass naked Brazilian chicks who paddled out and yes basically took every and any wave they wanted

Images
    The craziest waves I've ever seen are most definitely in my dreams. Swimming pools, odd rivers in the woods, and other random inland waves. The wierdest thing is I always find these abstract surfable inland waves, but never get to surf them. Any Freudians out there can go to town psycho analyzing that!!

Quote Originally Posted by MDSurfer View Post
    Bridges, PR where the waves break right in front of rip rap all along the shore and the local meat packing plant was dumping cattle parts in the water attracting the men in gray suits. . . but that was in 1968.
    I remember those days. You might also add that the bottom is literally full of all sorts of crap that makes a razor sharp coral or lava reef pale by comparison. I don't miss the old slaughterhouse.

One could also Gas Chambers to the list in pre-leash days - your board was guaranteed to end of with some number of dings everytime you paddle out.

Quote Originally Posted by eastbreak View Post
    Costa Rican river mouths are known for crocks and sharks especially remote areas. I surfed Playa Langosta river mouth and sighted several sharks within arms reach of me. I'll hand it you guys... you have balls surfing there...
    Ah... the rivermouth (actually, the edge of the reef at the rivermouth).
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Swellinfo View Post
    The craziest waves I've ever seen are most definitely in my dreams. Swimming pools, odd rivers in the woods, and other random inland waves. The wierdest thing is I always find these abstract surfable inland waves, but never get to surf them. Any Freudians out there can go to town psycho analyzing that!!
    lol, I was noseriding on a wave right down a paved street the other night. I woke up afterwards and had a big smile.

most crazy time i ever had surfing was in costa at a beach called avenalles i got stuck in the most epic lightning storm ever and i was way to far out to paddle in so i just had to wait for a wave while trying not to **** my pants

Smile never knew

Quote Originally Posted by staystoked View Post
    to **** my pants
    wow thats cool how that automaticly sensor sh1t

**** **** **** **** tits *****