LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Favorite fin system and set up (vote for two)

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • FCS

8 32.00%
  • FUTURE

11 44.00%
  • PRO BOX

2 8.00%
  • GLASS ONs

2 8.00%
  • 3 fins thruster

8 32.00%
  • Quad

8 32.00%
  • Twin

2 8.00%
  • Twinfiner

0 0%
  • SIngle

0 0%
  • Single fin (longboard)

2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by brasco View Post
    njsurfer42
    i stand by my recommendation for probox and hope that you havent completely written off the probox system.
    to each their own...i don't really ride fin system boards anymore...i've got my 5 bonzers (glassed on side runners, fins unlimited center box) & my log (stright single). i likely won't be replacing my quad fish & dwart when they die or i decide to sell them.
    i've also become a big fan of marlin bacon's bamboo fins...he doesn't make short board fins for any system except lokbox. the lightness of his fins easily offsets any weight added by the box. goy my step-bro a set for his speeddialer for xmas & he loves them...keeps his fibreglass set around only as a back-up. if i do decide to get another board w/ a fin system, it'll likely be a replacement for my bruised & battered quad fish & i'll prob. be going w/ lokbox b/c of the bamboo fins & variety of templates offered.

i'll grant you that the idea behind probox is unique & certainly has merit.

I was strictly a glass-on and FCS guy for years. Now I'm a Probox devotee. Installation is quick and easy, the multiple cant angle inserts are key, the fore-aft adjustability is a bonus, I've never seen a proper installation fail, they accept FCS fins, and the compression fittings with the inserts, along with the full tab on the fin, makes it feel pretty close to a glass-on. I still like FCS fins, and they put a lot of money into R&D, but I like Probox fin boxes better than the plugs or fusion boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    to each their own...i don't really ride fin system boards anymore...i've got my 5 bonzers (glassed on side runners, fins unlimited center box) & my log (stright single). i likely won't be replacing my quad fish & dwart when they die or i decide to sell them.
    i've also become a big fan of marlin bacon's bamboo fins...he doesn't make short board fins for any system except lokbox. the lightness of his fins easily offsets any weight added by the box. goy my step-bro a set for his speeddialer for xmas & he loves them...keeps his fibreglass set around only as a back-up. if i do decide to get another board w/ a fin system, it'll likely be a replacement for my bruised & battered quad fish & i'll prob. be going w/ lokbox b/c of the bamboo fins & variety of templates offered.

i'll grant you that the idea behind probox is unique & certainly has merit.
    I really thought you could get the 101's in any fin system you wanted being that they are mostly a custom order.
    I assume you have a bamboo bonzer fin then? I got one for my 3fin Bing, and it is pretty sweet.

Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    I really thought you could get the 101's in any fin system you wanted being that they are mostly a custom order.
    I assume you have a bamboo bonzer fin then? I got one for my 3fin Bing, and it is pretty sweet.
    no, i talked quite a bit w/ marlin at ab3 this past fall & he said he only does fins as glass-on or for lok-box. if that's changed, it has happened fairly recently.

i have 2 boards w/ full bamboo set ups...side runners & center fins. the weight difference is astounding. my 6'0" egg w/ bamboo is lighter than my 5'10" stubby w/ glass. i highly doubt that i'll be ordering glass fins on a board ever again.