LOGIN | REGISTER

View Poll Results: Favorite fin system and set up (vote for two)

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • FCS

8 32.00%
  • FUTURE

11 44.00%
  • PRO BOX

2 8.00%
  • GLASS ONs

2 8.00%
  • 3 fins thruster

8 32.00%
  • Quad

8 32.00%
  • Twin

2 8.00%
  • Twinfiner

0 0%
  • SIngle

0 0%
  • Single fin (longboard)

2 8.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fin setups and fin systems

what kind are you favorites. I used to be a fan of futures but i am coming back to fcs. cause i like being able to have a 5 fin converter on my boards to go back and forth between 3 and 4 fin and with futures its just to much plastic and foam missing. what do you think?

-FCS
    -Future
    -Glass-ons
    -Pro-Box

-Quad
    -Thruster
    -Twin Fin
    -TwinFiner (twin w/ trailer)
    -Single
    -Single Fin (Longboard)

Images
    On my shortboard I have FCS and my single-fin longboard thruster is a Future. I like their quality both the same so far. I really like the look of glassed-on fins, but I don't like the functionality of them.

where's the "other" or "bonzer" option for those of us who chose the path less traveled?

altho my quad fish has futures & my dwart has fcs...but why no lok-box?

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    but why no lok-box?
    the concept is sick on how you can adjust the setup...but I don't like the bulkiness of them...not to mention the weight.

Some people swear by them...I don't

I use Future & FCS. Nothing else.

Images
    I ride futures, FCS, thrusters and quads: just depends on the board and the conditions or what you wanna do. I voted for futures and quad as my favs though...

Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    where's the "other" or "bonzer" option for those of us who chose the path less traveled?

altho my quad fish has futures & my dwart has fcs...but why no lok-box?

woops. your vote has been documented.

in my humble opinion, i believe that probox is currently the best system on the market for several reasons. 1) adjustability of the fin (fore/aft and the cant angle) enables tweaking of the fin cluster for a variety of conditions. 2) installation method is solid and the weight difference between probox and fcs is negligible due to the fact that you are using less resin ber box. as a bonus, you can use your fcs fins with the probox system.

in the interest of full disclosure, i make surfboards for a living and have done installations of fcs, futures and probox. i have never installed or used lokbox so i cannot personally voice an opinion on that system, but i have heard many good things about it.

that's my $0.02. where can i get my change?

brasco

Quote Originally Posted by brasco View Post
    in my humble opinion, i believe that probox is currently the best system on the market for several reasons. 1) adjustability of the fin (fore/aft and the cant angle) enables tweaking of the fin cluster for a variety of conditions. 2) installation method is solid and the weight difference between probox and fcs is negligible due to the fact that you are using less resin ber box. as a bonus, you can use your fcs fins with the probox system.

in the interest of full disclosure, i make surfboards for a living and have done installations of fcs, futures and probox. i have never installed or used lokbox so i cannot personally voice an opinion on that system, but i have heard many good things about it.

that's my $0.02. where can i get my change?

brasco

i hate probox for their (lack of) customer service. gotta love calling & emailing a company only to get no response. i also hate that bing has moved exclusively to probox for all their multi-fin shortboards...their quad fish, synchronizer, etc...all only probox now. sucks.

lax8810, thanks for documenting my insignificant opinion!

Images
    10.5 to 11.5 single longboard fin is what I ride I like a adjustable fin box so I can play with different type of fins.

njsurfer42

i am sorry to hear of your bad experience with probox. i have personally found larry allison (the developer and main fin guy) to be extremely helpful, although on occasion i must admit that it took him a bit to get back to me. keep in mind this is 2 out of more than a dozen times. here on the east coast brian at greenlight is the probox distributor and brian can be contacted for your probox needs.

i stand by my recommendation for probox and hope that you havent completely written off the probox system.

brasco