LOGIN | REGISTER

1.5mm pullover long sleeve surf jacket vs long sleeve spring suit

what do you guys recommend for those cold summer days: a

1.5mm pullover long sleeve surf jacket vs long sleeve spring suit.

Quote Originally Posted by OCsp0nger005 View Post
    what do you guys recommend for those cold summer days: a

1.5mm pullover long sleeve surf jacket vs long sleeve spring suit.
    unless the water's super chilly, i refuse to put on a wetsuit after school lets out, so i'd go w/ the 1.5mil jacket. in fact, i wear one frequently in the summer during early AM dawn patrols or late evening sessions.
    if the water's really cold enough that i need a suit (think early-mid june), i'm just gonna throw on my short-sleeve full & be done w/ it.

Images
    After Memorial day I am in boardies and a 1.5 mil top if its windy. Since I got my 1.5 Vintage Soul Beaver tail top with a front zip I will wear that. when its breezy out

yeah alright thanks. im gonna rock the 1.5 this summer on chilly/windy days

Quote Originally Posted by OCsp0nger005 View Post
    yeah alright thanks. im gonna rock the 1.5 this summer on chilly/windy days
    I bought a 1.5mm top long-sleave (its only 1.5 mm in the chest/back...sleeves are just your thin rashguard material) for last summer and I was a little chilled/cold in morning sessions I was out in late July/early August in OCMD. Its perfect for when the sun is out after like 10am, but I wasn't warm enough for sessions before 9am a few times when it was breezy. I survived but I prefer to be a little warmer, particularly when first waking up in the morning..

If your a wimp like me, you might want to step it up a notch just to be comfortable. You can get an inexpensive shorty spring suit for under $100 and they are quick to get in and out of. Not like wrestling in and out of a 6mm or 5/4 winter suit like most of us are doing at the moment!

I always thought the standard spingy was super fruity so i go with the wetsuit top/jacket.

I have a straight two mil gooru long leg short arm coming then it will be into a jacket then trunks.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog View Post
    doesnt that thing look goofy
    It doesnt look goofy to me . I am into that late 50's- 60's time in surfing. I like all that old school stuff

i just want to get out of wearing my hood as of now.