LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rodndtube View Post
    Except for poor zach
    And I kindly don't mention my sessions every day on here. I wouldn't want to hear about it either. I have done that in the past and it does no one any good. So, I spend the rest of my time at work etc checking this place out. Not talking about the waves I just had. It wasn't bad this morning. =P

There is much for you to learn about the East Coast, from Maine to Miami. There are huge swaths of residential, non-high rise developments.
    That's what I was going to say. There are many towns that are small beachy towns rather than tacky high-rise condos with boardwalk amusements and all that shiyot.

I live about 4.5 blocks from the beach too, a 2 minute bikeride to the beach at most. My parents bought the house in 2001 for around 300K. It's probably worth around 650K now as we have done a lot of work on it (it was built sometime in the late 1800s and there are a ton of random skewed additions that we had to mesh together to make it a livable house). Unfortunately, I am only there half the year... yes I am a weekend warrior-- I'm from benny country. I used to laugh at all the other kids in my town because they were definitions of bennies, but then I realized that I could care less about bennies and all.

So I guess I'm a benny, though I don't think I act like one.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    I know. But all of our family lives in one state MD. I have many other places on my radar. CB in particular. Trust me, I have researched every nook and cranny over there. But my thinking has always been, why move back home if we are still more than like 5 hours of driving away from our family and why i would be back there. It makes taking a 5 hour flight seem not that bad. I dunno, I am just speaking of OC MD, VB and Jerey shore. And I have also seen some nice residential areas in Northern VB. I understand why OC MD is like that. its 2 blocks wide and seasonal. I know there are many other places that are not so seasonal, they are just way south. We could all be living at the beach in a pretty sick $130K 4 bedroom down in Central Florida... But Central Florida is like 12 hours from MD. I love that area of florida, cocoa and orlando. But that is a world away from home too. All of our peeps are in Bmore and DC.
    Central FL and Northern FL are only a couple hours flight time north and the airfares are relatively inexpensive. Stop whining so much about your poor plight. Besides, you're going to freeze your butt of in MD and then you will whine some more on the Mid Atlantic forums.

N. VA barrier islands do have some situations, but then you will probably have education challenges for the future kiddies (see, there is always something!).

Are you sure that you want to live in the same state as your family and in-laws? haaha
    ramdom fact - domestic disputes among familes increase more than double during the holidays...

Images
    100 feet from the beach..but i rent. Wish i could afford to own 100 feet from the beach! boo...

Images
    I rent a 4 BR 2nd floor apartment for dirt cheep in the winter only 2 blocks from the beach, and my job is at an oceanfront hotel on the boardwalk.

BUT, like I've said before, I've sacrificed some 'modern comforts' in order to live this close to the ocean. But if you have enough drive and motivation in life you'll get to where you want to be. And right now this is where I want to be. For now, I am happy.

Images
    If I go to CM I am 5 mins way If I go to OCNJ I am 25min from the beach . I miss living in Wildwood. cause in the summer I could just ride a beach cruiser to 7th street

Images
    Central FL and Northern FL are only a couple hours flight time north and the airfares are relatively inexpensive. Stop whining so much about your poor plight. Besides, you're going to freeze your butt of in MD and then you will whine some more on the Mid Atlantic forums.

N. VA barrier islands do have some situations, but then you will probably have education challenges for the future kiddies (see, there is always something!).
    My plight. Nice =)

Images
    If I could fly it would be about a half a mile for me. Problem is I live on Southpoint across from Assateague and I have to drive 3 miles north and then go east 1.5 miles to hit the beach. I can see Assateague and hear the surf from my yard but until I invent a giant slingshot to hurl me over I have to drive or ride my Ruckus over . I have 4 acres with 2 perks over near Stephen Decatur if your interested .
    Last edited by Zippy; Mar 5, 2010 at 01:08 AM.

Point pleasant beach 7 blocks from the beach and a 10 min bike ride to bay head. I rent a two bedroom year round split with my girlfriend. my share is 500 hundred a month. Im an hour from nyc and hour and a half from philly. I think its a great location as long as i can still afford to go on a surf trip for a couple weeks to a month.