LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by njsurfer42 View Post
    i live w/ my gf about 3 blocks back from the beach in oc, nj...i've been here for about 3 years now & it's great. i get to ride my bike to surf 99% of the time (basically, unless it's really cold or i'm going to surf someplace other than the spot out front, which gets pretty darn good & is hard to drive away from, i'm on my bike.)
    we rent, but the housing prices are fairly affordable for where we are & we're saving up for a down payment on a house in this same neighborhood. hopefully the house we end up buying will have a garage to support my surfboard habit!

i really liked san diego when i was out there...very chill vibe. i really liked surfing the cliffs & black's...prob. my 2 favorite spots that i surfed out there. drove up to trestles, but it wasn't really working, so i'll have to wait for another trip to experience the magic of that spot. it's been almost 5 years, so i think it's time for another cross-country road trip...
    Yeah thats what I was toying with as well I wanna buy a house closer to my work and closer to where I surf the most . The Market right now isnt the best so until then I am not ever gonna bother putting my house on the market

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MATT JOHNSON View Post
    Yeah thats what I was toying with as well I wanna buy a house closer to my work and closer to where I surf the most . The Market right now isnt the best so until then I am not ever gonna bother putting my house on the market
    The market's not good but its all relative. You won't get a lot on your house but you'll buy something for under value. We were lucky enough to break even on our sale and then we got a great deal on the new one. The other good thing right now are the really low interest rates. Locking in 5% for 30 years is siiiick!

pvjumper05 is your fathers name Sean?

Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
    Images
    nah joe, why?

I have friends from Brick who surf, the Mckenna's. They are always fixing up their house so it seemed to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by zach619 View Post
    Mostly stay in OB/cliffs area. Venturing up to the la jolla reefs a lot lately. I'm a creature of habit though. mostly the pier or the jetty if its not that big.
    would you still reccomend college? I defiantly want to go i just want a year to see the good side of life after college prolly

Images
    6 blocks....

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    I defiantly want to go...
    irony or oxymoron?

Quote Originally Posted by DaMook View Post
    irony or oxymoron?
    oxymoron/paradox...definitely not irony.

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by surfde View Post
    would you still reccomend college? I defiantly want to go i just want a year to see the good side of life after college prolly
    Not sure what you mean by the question. I absolutely recommend college in general if thats what you mean =P But yes, going to college out here is a HUGE plus. Cheap tuition and great surf... Long answer short == Yes, yes and yes....

Most of my friends are all graduated by now, but trust me, I don't know of any full time colelge students around here who don't also enjoy "The Good Life" etc pretty much all year. If you love to surf, you will be wet everyday, regardless of what school you may attend or whatever... Everything in the whole city is maximum 20 minutes to the beach...