LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel bags?

Travel bags?

those of you who travel what board bag do you use? Im lookin at buying one for possible upcoming trip. What do you guys use?

i have a pro-lite double

I've got an FCS triple w/ wheels.
    I've got no complaints with the bag. Can't really comment on how it compares to other bags though.

However, I can't stress enough how great it is to have the wheels. No matter what kind of bag you get, get one with wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Driftingalong View Post
    However, I can't stress enough how great it is to have the wheels. No matter what kind of bag you get, get one with wheels.
    if you're traveling w/ multiple boards, wheels are absolutely essential! nothing sucks worse than walking thru an airport lugging a wheel-less coffin jam-packed w/ boards & such.

i have da kine world traveler. love the thing...completely bomb-proof.

Images
    have a Balin triple, usually use as a double though. Been all around and no serious board damage though its getting pretty ragged now. Those SOMA airbags look trick though
    "http://airbagdesigns.com/soma.htm"

yeah also if you have a double or triple or whatever can you put maximum amount of boards with molded fins or is there not enough space? Because i have a couple boards with molded fins.

Quote Originally Posted by get wet View Post
    yeah also if you have a double or triple or whatever can you put maximum amount of boards with molded fins or is there not enough space? Because i have a couple boards with molded fins.
    You could definitely fit at least two boards with glassed on fins into the triple I've got. Maybe three, but it would be tight.

Images
    I got a XM single longboard bag from Kona in Wildwood . It cost me 50 dollars and it really nice . Its got a big pocket in the side to store your leash or a wetsuit and it has pockets inside the it to store your fins aswell. For going local I use a board sock its alot easier to to load and unload on the roof of my car

i just went to costa rica in jan bought a prolite double excellent bag no board damage

Images
    On the costa rica trip i went on, i used a single day light dakine surfboard bag for 40 bucks... I fit two boards in pretty easy, and put a sheet of cardboard on the top and bottom, it worked awesome, not a single dent or anything on the PU board or the epoxy! and even better, it only cost me 60 bucks to bring it!