LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Scobeyville View Post
    +1 - Use waxed dental floss. Very strong!
    yeah got that right

Images
    I'm sure the the other guys will give you a helpful answer, MY question is, HOW did you do it? Is it a worthy story?

Images
    it is a clean 4-inch tear on the right ass cheek. lol. there is an equally discomforting incision in my skin. rode too high on a shoulder-head high left and went over the falls from inside the tube. wasn't wearing a leash - somehow one of my fins came forward to bite me on the ass and i knew right away that my wetsuit (and skin) was sliced open. it was more like a butcher bringing a knife down on a cutting board instead of a snag or rip. fishing line is the consensus? i guess regular thread isn't the smartest way to go.

Images
    dental wax , glue and seam tape

Images
    what kind of glue? i'm guessing i shouldn't use elmer's. i have neoprene cement, will that suffice? i also found some waxed dental floss in my bathroom. i'm afraid to give my suit to o'neill because i'm sure it's going to take them like a month to return it and by then i can use my 3/2's in the mornings. besides they'll probably just repair it the same way as i'm going to. my 4/3 is still under warranty for another 9 months; hopefully some seams start fraying within that time period so they'll send me a brand new psychofreak or something

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by steamfed View Post
    what kind of glue? i'm guessing i shouldn't use elmer's. i have neoprene cement, will that suffice? i also found some waxed dental floss in my bathroom. i'm afraid to give my suit to o'neill because i'm sure it's going to take them like a month to return it and by then i can use my 3/2's in the mornings. besides they'll probably just repair it the same way as i'm going to. my 4/3 is still under warranty for another 9 months; hopefully some seams start fraying within that time period so they'll send me a brand new psychofreak or something
    Yeah NeoPrene Cement is the same cement that I use . I just get it in black . I justs bought some Oneil Wetsuit reapair cement from Heritage Surf shop . It cost 17.95 and came in a jar with a brush built into the lid.