LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Barrels!

Barrels!

How many times have you been barreled...not just a head dunk cover-up, but full on pitted then spit out of the tube barreled. How many??

in jersey..not that many but when you get one its so amazing. im going to guess around 10 to 15

yyy

maybe like 20 in jerz

Images
    I have been surfing a long time, and although I am not the best surfer in the world, I would say on my best days I'm a bit above average. In all these years I have only been truly slotted, in the barrel, fully covered like 10 times. I know they are few and far between because I remember almost everyone. By barrel I mean in the tube with enough time to realize I am in there and have a second or two of the lip being about as far out as the tip of my board. I guess I don't usually look for the barrel and tend to drop down to go around a pitching lip, or I'll race out ahead to do a round house type of move. I have been covered countless times but I wouldn't call that being barreled.

Too many to count. From being able to drive a bus in the barrel to just squeaking through and everything in-between.

got the best one of 2010 today! so much fun1!!!!!

DAMN... reading all of these comments makes me realize how bad of a surfer I really am. Naturally, I've dipped my head in a barrel, or pulled into a barrel (sorta like a closeout section), but I've never been inside one in full control and been able to get out. I guess you could say I'm a barrel virgin.

Images
    Take my 10 count with a grain of salt. The salt being years, about 30 of them. That's like one true barrel ride every 3 years, surfing almost every swell . Oh man I really do suck .

Quote Originally Posted by Zippy View Post
    Take my 10 count with a grain of salt. The salt being years, about 30 of them. That's like one true barrel ride every 3 years, surfing almost every swell . Oh man I really do suck .
    thanks for giving me hope... hahaha. I've been surfing for about 3-4 years so according to your ratio of barrels:years, I should be due for a barrel sometime in the very near future!!

also, I don't surf nearly every swell, I'm mostly a spring/summer/fall regular. In the winter, it is just harder since I live further away, so I only get in somewhere between 5-7 times during the winter months. Maybe that is holding back my chances of getting a barrel and the potential of my skill level. In either case, surfing has been fun so far without a "real barrel", so getting truly pitted would just be icing on the cake.
    Last edited by Shakagrom; Mar 6, 2010 at 09:49 PM.

Images
    I cant keep track total but I got 3 good ones today and a cpl sick long nose rides today