LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What Size?

yeah, that's a macker

Images
    Next question, how many of you would drop in on a wave of this size? I know I would give it a go how 'bout you?

Images
    It looks like long-period swell, so if I made the paddle - I'd try the drop. I don't mind eating it sometimes if I know I won't get pounded by one wave after another right behind it.

Images
    without even thinking about it... I'd def. go for the stand up too.

that guy is pretty hunched over, and hes riding down in the deepest part of the bowl, and teh wave is also really peaky/wedgey... i think that this makes it look bigger than it is. prob solid 8 foot. And as far as dropping in, i would do so with a huge grin on my face haha.

Images
    About 10ft. And yes, definitely.

What Size?

On second look, I think it's more like a solid 8-10 ft. - I'd try it (and I'm old!) - but it looks on the shallow side, so I'd also realize that if I didn't make it, I'd probably really get worked!

where/when was that taken?

Quote Originally Posted by epidemicepic View Post
    that guy is pretty hunched over, and hes riding down in the deepest part of the bowl, and teh wave is also really peaky/wedgey... i think that this makes it look bigger than it is. prob solid 8 foot. And as far as dropping in, i would do so with a huge grin on my face haha.
    if you look at his line, he probably dropped right at the peak which had to be doh

Images
    Just my opinion, but that is 6-7 foot beach break... not DOH. I agree with all of your logic here, but I have been corrected by all kinds of surfers over the years about wave heights etc, and these days, guys arent measuring wave faces anymore, rather than the size underneth the lip when it heaves, if you can stand up in a 10 foot tube, then its DOH kind of thing...

Just my opinion... I have seen a lot of photos of OBX etc of guys riding waves listed as 12-14 ft, when in my opinion, they are not even close to that.

Nice big wave though...