LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

bface WTF?

Hey bface, just curious what exactly does spacing hard/falling mean?

Spacing hard/falling interpretation

Spacing hard/falling simply refers to two to three beers on an empty stomach and going hard on the last jump of the last run of a sun out, balls to the wall day of riding up at mountain creek with a buddy.

Rehab for 4 months, was out of water for about 6 months. Doc told me 6 months post surgery and no less to get back in water. Worked hard and was back in water 3 months post surgery.

I had 8 screws and 4 plates put in and this is the aftermath. Don't mind my sweater:

Shoulder hurts and keeps me up every night but I am surfing again all year and couldn't be happier thanks to motivation from my buddy and myself. (pat on the back)

Hey Nails, you think that is his birth face or beer face?
    Attached Images Attached Images

bface

Nice scar. Sounds like full-on beer face mixed in with beer muscles. I always go bigger and faster snowboarding with a few beers on board. (Disclaimer . . . I do not recommend this and I am over 21).

Images
    I bruised a muscle in back riding Whiteface after 4 microbrews. Wasted one day of the trip laying in bed. Shred til you're dead!

Quote Originally Posted by bface View Post
    Spacing hard/falling simply refers to two to three beers on an empty stomach and going hard on the last jump of the last run of a sun out, balls to the wall day of riding up at mountain creek with a buddy.

Rehab for 4 months, was out of water for about 6 months. Doc told me 6 months post surgery and no less to get back in water. Worked hard and was back in water 3 months post surgery.

I had 8 screws and 4 plates put in and this is the aftermath. Don't mind my sweater:

Shoulder hurts and keeps me up every night but I am surfing again all year and couldn't be happier thanks to motivation from my buddy and myself. (pat on the back)

I blew out my ankle snowboarding last winter on one of the last runs of a three day weekend. It was night, definitely had some beers with dinner, and on a POS little jump without a proper landing area. Eventually had surgery on it a few months ago -- which has kept me off the snowboard this winter. Doc says its 6 months before I can really do anything fun on it. So I should be able to get back in the water right as the waves go away and crowds come back.

i just wrote a huge paragraph for you and i didnt go through. ill sum it up pm me if you have questions. i had same problem for the past 4 years... my shoulder capsules are stretched beyond belief...i dislosted the left 3 years ago. went down hill from there torn labrum.. surfing and snowboarding didnt help. i dislocted the left probably over 30 times, let alone sublux it.did therapy, no dice. it got to the point i dislocated it sleeping 3 times, and subluxed it sleeping about a dozen.... surfing i would sublux/dislocate it paddling, turning, and in the whitewash....i cant tell you how many close calls ive had doing that..and its sucks big time..well had it done may 14th 08 my left. bankart repair (laberal tear) and capsular shift (cut the muslce and tighten the capsule)..also chiped the cartlidge doing it so much. 4hr prosudre. i have a great doc and therapist. i was on a board i think the end of august... but it still was tight, rotation wasnt the best, and you still guard the shoulder a lot. i think i was good by the end of septmber..... i still guard my shoulders a lot.. i took a little break from working on my shoulders and never went to gym ( i figured surfing would be good workout for my shoulder and rotator cuff) i have been having a few reoccuances with subluxing/dislocation snowboarding and surfing when my arm is raised up to the spot. you need to contiually work on your shoulders the rest of your life like your brushing your teeth. i regret not hitting the gym... i just started after subluxing it a few times the past 2-3 months, and it feels much better(even after 2 weeks). im having the same surgery on may 19th for my right shoulder. then hopefully ill have somewhat normal life without contant pain and guarding. pm me if you have questions... honestly you dont want to hop on a board after 3months...protocal to resume things like that is like 7 months or so i think.. given you can do it before, but its not worth the risk..

doc's orders

with all due respect exile, i had the bankhart procedure done and it was the doctor who suggested getting back in the water after three months of rehab. He said it would be the best therapy i could do as long as i started with knee-waist (typical summer) surf.

To each their own.

I got the surgery yesterday and it turns out my labrum was not torn, my clavicle was just pinching it so they shaved the bone very little, out of water time now reduced to 3 months!!! I'll wait till august tho, cheers.

lucky you.

Shoulder Surgery

That sucks man. Good luck, and I would like to hear how it goes. I tore the labrum in my right shoulder, and getting that done this December. I tore two ligaments in my left shoulder two years ago, and it took about 3 1/2 - 4 months to fully recover after surgery. I was in the water a month after however.