LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Read any good surf related books?

First- I really love this site. This is my primary source of forecast info for my surfing ventures- which are mostly near Wilmington, NC so far. I appreciate the quality and the technical /scientific nature of the info, but also how it is presented in such a user friendly way- so a Big Thanks!

My post is sort of twofold..when I am not out trying to get better at surfing, I find myself looking for good surf related things to read. I read In Search of Captain Zero by Allan Weisbecker and really enjoyed it. He has a new novel coming out (click here if you want to check it out or even pre-order). so I wanted to p*** that along, but also....
    ....what other books out there am I missing that anyone can recommend? Thanks!

Read

kelly slater's biography is great, and tells u how he got into surfing

surfgonzo Guest

Tapping the Source

TTS is a great book with a lot of surfing in the plotline.

Also, I 2nd the recommendation of In Search of Capt. Zero...one of my favorite books ever.

surfgonzo is right, in search of captain zero ( allan weisbecker) is a book i highly reccomend, and pipe dreams by kelly slater

Be carefull!

One thing about surfing you can learn not to do is chase something that is not there. The books, the magazines, the videos can often lead surfers to something that is not there...happiness. After a lot of years of chasing crap swells, buying crap mags, competing in crap comps, I realzied I needed to spend a lot more of my time/energy on education and becoming a complete watermen. Try a book called "Rich Dad, Poor Dad!" Someday you will have a property in Nicaragua or a Yacht in Indo? I stopped chasing the pipe dreams and I surf better waves now!!! Kelly Played golf and wrote music, now he is winning with a smile!. Occy lost weight, did triathlons, competed in lifesvaing, got to know his family...won a world championship...smiling! Just a lil note...take it or leave it!

thanks for all ideas. I read most of Kem Nunn's stuff since the original post too. OBLove- your points are well taken and I totally agree. Its just that i am so stoked about surfing, I just was looking for things that gave me a broader view. I focus a lot on learning to be a better surfer - ride a used board, fix my own dings, and would have a hard time naming 10 pro surfers.

Have fun, be safe and lets catch some waves...

WOW! This make take the cake for bringing a thread back from the dead! But still those are some good reads listed above.

The BIBLE John 6:19 When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were frightened.

Quote Originally Posted by sonfollowerssurf View Post
    The BIBLE John 6:19 When they had rowed about three or four miles, they saw Jesus approaching the boat, walking on the water; and they were frightened.
    Well sure but if he came crusin up on a wave jet they would be all like, sweet brah!!!!