Hey there,

I spent last summer living in Nicaragua for two months and had the time of my life experiencing the culture and surfing every single day. This coming summer I am going to be graduating college and am looking forward to planning another trip but instead to Northern Nicaragua sometime in May (prob for two weeks). Anyway I have just started researching up on it a little and here is what I've got so far:

What I Am Looking For:
-Cheap accommodations (As I mentioned I will be graduating and have limited funds
-Close to multiple surf breaks (most consistent surf areas)

I will not be renting a car so if I could get a private transportation service to take me there does anyone know a good one?

I have checked out joe's place and Hotel Chancletas. I have also looked at Surf Tours Nicaragua but it seems a little too expensive for what I am trying to do. I figure with airfare and board bag fee's (roundtrip), accomodations, transportation and food I want to spend a total of- approx $680

Airfare and fee's- $340
Transport (4 ppl traveling)- $30 per person approx.
Accomodations and food- $300

So let me know what you all know... Where is the best place to stay, do you know any other places than the ones listed above? Advice or comments?

Thanks for the input!

-Tyler D.