LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: tomorrow??

tomorrow??

whats the deall i cnt handle seeing swell for three days but not being able to surf bc of choppyness .......does tmrw show any possiblilty of being ridable?????? or will monmouth still be heavy storm surf with big ugly closeouts and rip tides

Images
    im kind of sketched out by the sand being washed, it is awesome for the waves, but theres jettys popping up i havnt seen in years, and im worried about some pilings sticking up in the break, i doubt it but still...

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mexsurfer View Post
    im kind of sketched out by the sand being washed, it is awesome for the waves, but theres jettys popping up i havnt seen in years, and im worried about some pilings sticking up in the break, i doubt it but still...
    Thats crazy how when things by the water break down, like old jetties and old building foundations, they just cover it in sand. Its not like they are preserving the underwater jetties so that sea life can grow on them, they just cover up the hazards...

Mitchel was kicking some knowledge in a previous post about how about 45 years ago, Assateque just got worked, and most of what lined the beaches back then was just destroyed.... So, I am assuming that is why a ton of guys over the years who surf assateque back in the day used to tell me that would always encounter sketchy stuff under water... Rebar, pieces of cement and Debri... I am wondering if all that is just old house foundations and stuff that at some point over the years was just covered over by pumping sand... Then when storms like this happened, it pulls a lot of sand back off....

Interesting topic in the midatlantic with all the shifting sand and sand replenishment they keep having to do to try and preserve the coastline.... I wonder what the midatlantic would look like right now if we would have never interviened and just let nature take its course... I bet you Salisbury would be the new beach break!!!!

so will it be safe

if i got out march 16 will it be a hazzard to go should i play it safe even if semi cleen

Images
    Isn't it your call in the end? Play it safe and know what you can handle. Don't push it to the point where you are in danger if you can't handle it.

is it gonna be good tomorow

if it is cape may is were its gonna be

Images
    How far are you from the coast? If you're not far, just go to the break and survey it before you get in the water. I'm going out Thursday one way or another.

Lots of red and blue showing Soonest I can get out is Friday afternoon maybe Thurs late. I'm going to check it out. Theres always that window where it can clean up for a little no matter what the report says.

There will be clean points

It is hit and miss this time of year. Ill deff be out Thursday and Friday.

you're saying you're not going to paddle out b/c of underwater debris????

sorry, that's retarded.