LOGIN | REGISTER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: im coming

im coming

leaving NJ...I fly out tomorrow, what suit should i bring?

Images
    3/2 w boots.....

Images
    The water is 60-63 so I'd agree with the 3/2 or 4/3 for DP. My boots don't come out until temps drop below 60.

Wait, are you moving out there or just visiting?

just coming out tonight to sunday night.
    looks like i may get lucky with some swell?

Images
    looks like overhead swell for the end of the week won't be anything like last week though.

right now in the city of SD it's waist-stomach+ and it doesn't seem to be getting any lower than that in the near future. i'm only wearing a 3/2 right now... some people are wearing boots. water will be anywhere from 58-62F depending on where you paddle out. water's looking much cleaner today after some recent heavy rainfall.

the next 7 days looks to be quite sunny with daily highs in the low 70s, nightly lows in the low 50s. dress appropriately... most visitors seem to think it's either tropical paradise here or temperate oregon-type weather, when it is actually somewhere in between those two climates

The swell kicked in midday. I surfed avalanches in the morning. It was pretty fun & mellow... After a lil break, I went back out at 1 at blacks and was extremely surprised how much the swell picked up in 2 hours. to me it was a few ft overhead. What would you call it, if you were at blacks today??

Images
    i was way down sunset cliffs. there were probably some 1-2' overhead ones on the sets but some lulls and coming from every angle west through north. best bet today is the beachbreaks with the tide and swell dropping through the day

Thinking ob or avalanches in the morning. close to the place im staying at. the walk at blacks blows for how many ppl are there..

O yeah.. not to be a total D bag, but why are people wearing 5.4s with hoods for the glass offs??????????

Images
    hahaha a lot of people out here have never surfed in water below 50 degrees. many californians are quite spoiled and cannot handle extremes. i'd venture to say most of them were the brats and wimps back in the day in places like wisconsin and massachusetts who would never surf because it's too cold. but they'll surf here and suck and crowd the lineup

while there are a lot of people in the water here, there are just as many posers and rookies as there are rippers and noseriders. same as anywhere else really just expanded to a much larger population.