Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • sqeezing it on

8 20.51%
  • stretching it off

31 79.49%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

wetsuit annoyence

whats worse putting on a thick suit or taking it off?

i say taking it off by the ankles when its wet is the worst process of all!

Images
    I have to say getting it off I a bit more difficult. More so when you change out of it on the street in the middle of winter

Images
    The worst part is getting back from PR and putting on the 6/4 with sunburn.

why would you do that?

thats crazy i always just stack towels on the seat and drive home. so i can take it off in the shower.

i never dry mine completly so i have putting on a wet wetsuit

Images
    def taking it off in the winter on the street, its either that or i sit in it for a 30min drive home while my junk itches like heck..lol

Quote Originally Posted by CleanandGreen View Post
    The worst part is getting back from PR and putting on the 6/4 with sunburn.
    I'm not going to lie... I don't really feel bad for you!! How was the trip though?

My mom used to make me take the wetsuit off outside in the freezing cold after riding my bike home from the beach, but we've worked out a compromise where I can take my suit off in the indoor shower so long as I don't get any sand in the house.

So with these new stipulations in mind, I would have to say putting on the wetsuit is worse than taking it off because it always hurts my fingers to stretch a completely dry wetsuit over my calves and knee (when pulling it on), and the anticipation and excitedness of getting in the water (I can never get my suit on soon enough) just drives me absolutely nuts.

And plus, putting on a wet and cold suit for an afternoon sesh after the morning session is always the worst because it gives me the worst shivers. Whenever I come out in the morning and know I'm going back in after lunch, I dread putting the suit back on because I know how painfully cold it will be.

Can't ever seem to put it ON fast enough...

I've had nightmares were there's perfect firing surf and I get stuck while putting on my wetsuit and suddenly can't move... it's like I'm moving in clay. And the faster I try to go and the more I fight, the slower I move.

I have 2 winter suits and 2 3/2s so one is always dry. The ankle thing completely sucks but for me with chest zips, it's getting that damn thing past my shoulders. If I'm alone its a major operation.